CX-5 Leather Steering Wheel Cover

powerrc

:
CX-5
8c22349cjw1dvtkzl0yjyj.jpg

I spent 3 days on it , and it feels very good.(first)

here is mine, from wheelskins off ebay, I have these on my other cars for more than 8 years so they do hold up well, real leather. It took me about an hour.

Attachments

• wheelsk1.jpg
    wheelsk1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,555
That wrinkle in the left side would drive me nuts...

Maybe I didn't realize, but are the GT wrapped already and non-just a textured rubber?

just installed will settle a little and I'm adjusting it. pics looks bad but actually is pretty flush. if you are referring to the all black one.

Looks quite tacky...

Yes Touring and Grand Touring's steering wheel, shiftknob, and e-brake handle is wrapped and stitched in leather. Mazda claims to use the highest quality leather available in Japan for such applications.

I purchased a wheel skin to go along with my Katzkins, but I wasn't happy with the wheel skin fit. I found a great looking 15 inch leather wheel cover at Kelly's automotive - paid about $20. It fits great and looks like it was made for the car. Plus, it takes only 2 minutes to install. I won't bother with wheel skins again.

Any other options on the leather wrap steering wheel? I had a wheelskins wrap in my Jetta and it felt great, but I'm not sure it would look quite right on the cx-5. My sport wheel is far too slick. Anyone had an auto upholstery shop custom stitch a cover?

Back