FS/Trade : 1980 Mazda 626 Rwd Atlanta

I have had the car a little over a year, and I am ready to move on to other things. I got the car and had big plans with it, to keep it and making it long term, but time passes and things change. It is a very good daily driver, which it has been for me the last year, and has had no issues what so ever.

Its original everything besides the obvious changes, around 130-132k mileage on the car, with documentation that goes back to 88 for the car from the original owner of repairs made. The car was bought in GA, and the original owner decided to scrap the car, but one of the workers decided to keep the car, and replaced the engine with one they already had at the shop. And he drove the car as a daily to work and back, well I purchased the car from him stock and all original. When he owned it, it was just driven 10 miles a day A to B, I bought it and it got alot more miles and use. And it has been great.

Good:
new starter
new fuel filter
new fuel pump
new tires (front)
New Tie Rod ends (outer/inner/adjustment rod) - not installed
New KYB Rear shocks
New Radiator
New Water Pump
New Heater/Radiator hoses
New Disty Cap/rotor/button/wires
New Pads/Shoes
New Brake Cylinders
New Valve Cover Gasket
New Idler Arm
No under carriage rust at all, besides pictures on rocker panel.
Strong Clutch
New Clutch slave cylinder
81 Coupe Cluster
Rx7 Front suspension/brakes upgrade
A/C & Heat work perfectly
OEM Clarion Radio works
All lighting and Defrost works
5 Speed Trans shifts perfect no issues
New front tires
Recent Alignment
No leaks at all!!
15x7 - Southern Ways Epsillons Front (have another pair of 15x6)
15x8 - Dynalites Rear

Things that need attention:
*Brake Calipers need to be rebuilt or replaced they click occasionally - 60$ pair
*Needs Shock inserts (81 rx7) - 65$ (summit racing)
* Burns oil and does smoke its a old car with a old motor so its only natural after 30 years the rings are worn so it does smoke.
* Has Spark Plug Non-Foulers to keep the plugs from being killed from the oil blowby, i do monthly oil changes (4 quarts) on the car because the oil gets contaminated fast from the worn rings. The car still has plenty power and pulls like a 80hp car should, with 1 or 4 people in the car.
*With the non-foulers on plugs it has a slight miss in the idle, which is a compromise without the foulers you would need to change 2 of the plugs monthly in return for a stable idle, i decided to deal with the slight idle miss rather than buying new plugs all the time. But like I said the car drives with plenty of power and does not miss at all while driving.

Included:
*Chrome Grill
*Chrome HEadlight shrouds
*Another bumper
*Another lower front spoiler

I would like to get 4000$ obo for the car with everything, but I am accepting trades -
email - jitb37@gmail.com
PM me on here.

Any questions feel free to ask, Just a quick summary the motor is a 2.0 F/MA came in the 929/b2000. Came in the GLC/808/323 in the 70/80s as a 1.6-18, the F/MA was bored to 2.0 for the B2000/929/626. And it was updated into the FE sohc < F2/f2t < FE3 Dohc. The chassis shares alot with the 1st generation Rx7/Rx3/Rx2/Rx4, the bellhousing can be swapped with a BP (miata drivetrain), F 2.2 (b2200), 13b-12A (Rx7)...almost any rwd mazda rwd configuration will work in the car.

For you all familiar with Stanceworks, Mr. Burroughs took some photos of the car a few weeks back.
http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/05/t...s-mazda-626-2/

DSC_0678.jpg

DSC_0679.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

DSC_0681.jpg

DSC_0682.jpg

DSC_0683.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0685.jpg

DSC_0686.jpg

DSC_0688.jpg

DSC_0689.jpg

All the rust shown in the pics is the only rust on the car. hopefully my paper is enough for the sale..

I have a baby on the way, so im looking to get a newer mazda in the garage.

here are more picstaken by other folks.

7114553373_74e516b40e_b.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen one of these in person and it is a great looking car, extremely good condition too.

Also if a b2000 motor fits in it should be a pretty easily done swap for whoever buys it.

Lastly, is that your 929 in the picture?

EDIT: I knew I this looked familiar I saw it on stance-works, which is weird because I've only been to that site once.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen one of these in person and it is a great looking car, extremely good condition too.

Also if a b2000 motor fits in it should be a pretty easily done swap for whoever buys it.

Lastly, is that your 929 in the picture?

EDIT: I knew I this looked familiar I saw it on stance-works, which is weird because I've only been to that site once.

Yea its the same motor as the b2000 same block as the b1600/1800. So it will all bolt right in, along with the 2200 motor and miata.

And yea that was my 929 from aboit 3 years ago

Bump for a nice piece... with a little more TLC, this will be very nice car different from the crowd! I like it alot, Good luck with the sale!

Back