PDA

View Full Version : Looking for running boards...help!

luvmycx5
08-05-2012, 08:56 AM
While I know the new CX5 isnt a "truck" but I am thinking of adding running boards for cosmetics and functioning appeal... I cant locate a vendor that offers it (at least not yet). Any suggestions??? Thanks! (thought)

nizzy1115
08-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Mazda Canada has them but they are listed that you cant actually step on them as they are purely cosmetic!

luvmycx5
08-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the update! I will look into them.

jp1450
08-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Check out this web site:

http://www.winsomechina.com/product_2236.htmlhttp://

I have requested some additional information from the company and will let you know what I hear.

CX-5um
08-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Check out this web site:

http://www.winsomechina.com/product_2236.htmlhttp://

I have requested some additional information from the company and will let you know what I hear.

That link doesn't work. Tried using just winsomechina.com to get in. Some cool parts.

http://www.winsomechina.com/PIC/PRODUCT/HBGMZC512-2234_b_20120803234121.jpg

http://www.winsomechina.com/PIC/PRODUCT/RBGMZC512-2235_b_20120803234138.jpg

http://www.winsomechina.com/PIC/PRODUCT/SSBMZC512-2236_r_20120803234210.jpg

jp1450
08-13-2012, 04:05 PM
My bad. Typo on the link.

I did get some feedback from the company. They indicated that the side steps are design to fit without additional drilling and can hold up to 200KG (approx 500lbs.). Delivered to a US address via FedEx for $303 total. I asked for a photo of the entire vehicle with the side steps installed, but they did not have any...

tsedhun69
08-21-2012, 10:24 PM
My bad. Typo on the link.

I did get some feedback from the company. They indicated that the side steps are design to fit without additional drilling and can hold up to 200KG (approx 500lbs.). Delivered to a US address via FedEx for $303 total. I asked for a photo of the entire vehicle with the side steps installed, but they did not have any...

r u going to order the running board from them? do u have to call them to place order ...? i do like those running board and bumper guards too...hope its safe to order stuff.....

jp1450
08-21-2012, 10:48 PM
r u going to order the running board from them? do u have to call them to place order ...? i do like those running board and bumper guards too...hope its safe to order stuff.....

I have not taken the plunge yet. I would really like to see a better side-view photo of the entire vehicle with the running boards installed. My biggest concern would be that turn out to be too thick and look bulky on the vehicle. I really like the surface design of the running boards, though. From the info the manufacturer provided, it sounds like the install would be fairly simple and they would hold a good amount of weight.

I got the information I posted here by sending an e-mail to the address they have on the web site (sales@winsomechina.com). I am sure you could place an order from them through this e-mail. My guess would be that they would take payment via PayPal. Just send them an e-mail and ask. If you do decide to order a set, please let us know about it and post some pics after the install!

tsedhun69
08-21-2012, 11:04 PM
never ordered like that before,,,have u? do i have to call paypal incase i order? or do i need to fill up paypal form t place order? never done that before....i do have paypal account..would you explain little bit the procedure to order by paypal...thanks

jp1450
08-22-2012, 12:07 AM
never ordered like that before,,,have u? do i have to call paypal incase i order? or do i need to fill up paypal form t place order? never done that before....i do have paypal account..would you explain little bit the procedure to order by paypal...thanks

You can reach out to the company and ask for the details regarding shipping any payment. Just send an e-mail to sales@winsomechina.com and ask. If they take PayPal, all you have to do is send the funds to their register PayPal email address. You might want to ask about Customs duties, too. When I talked to them via email, they were very helpful. $303 shipped to your door seems like a good price. I sent them another email to see if we can get some additional photos. I will post what I find out.

tsedhun69
08-23-2012, 01:48 PM
You can reach out to the company and ask for the details regarding shipping any payment. Just send an e-mail to sales@winsomechina.com and ask. If they take PayPal, all you have to do is send the funds to their register PayPal email address. You might want to ask about Customs duties, too. When I talked to them via email, they were very helpful. $303 shipped to your door seems like a good price. I sent them another email to see if we can get some additional photos. I will post what I find out.

Did ordered my running board today,will surely post picture after installation....hopefully I'll get it soon....

jp1450
08-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Did ordered my running board today,will surely post picture after installation....hopefully I'll get it soon....

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing the pictures after you install them. How did the purchasing process go? Was the company easy to deal with?

tsedhun69
08-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing the pictures after you install them. How did the purchasing process go? Was the company easy to deal with?

yeah!! it was very easy process to purchase with paypal,,,everything done thru email, never even bother to call them...so, if i get it soon then i am thinking of ordering front and back bumper guards next.those look cool too...but the shipping cost sucks...but still cheap compare to oem products..i'll post pictures soon as i install them..so, hang on tide...

tsedhun69
08-30-2012, 01:49 PM

wazup!! just got my running board and it really looks well made...will try to install this saturday,hopefully it will go smoothly and it only took 5 days on shipping thru UPS..so, will share pictures and hopefully its gonna look cool....your comments are welcome....

Gio26NJ
08-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Can't wait to see them! are they heavy enough to interfere with MPG or no? we'll let you be the lab rat to test it out on and if it looks good, decent to install there will be more buyers lol :D

jp1450
08-30-2012, 02:05 PM
wazup!! just got my running board and it really looks well made...will try to install this saturday,hopefully it will go smoothly and it only took 5 days on shipping thru UPS..so, will share pictures and hopefully its gonna look cool....your comments are welcome....

Wow! That was quick! Looking forward to the pictures!

nizzy1115
08-30-2012, 02:48 PM
+1 id like to see them too

tsedhun69
08-30-2012, 03:59 PM
+1 id like to see them too

its well made, its weighs quite a bit....around 7kgs so, i don't know how much it affects on mpg but i'm off for great looks and function as well..next time i'll post installed pictures..cyaa guys

Yeldarb
08-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Need moar pics... So no drilling then? and they take some decent weight? That's pretty cool!

Subbed!

tsedhun69
08-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Need moar pics... So no drilling then? and they take some decent weight? That's pretty cool!

Subbed!

just wanna let u guys know...it looks good but they are so many brackets nuts and bolts in the package but NO INTRUCTIONS,,,,No Manual included ...so,its a big project guys....guess I had to let auto mechanic handle this job....but i'll give a try tomorrow MORNING and see if it works out...

jp1450
08-31-2012, 12:59 PM
just wanna let u guys know...it looks good but they are so many brackets nuts and bolts in the package but NO INTRUCTIONS,,,,No Manual included ...so,its a big project guys....guess I had to let auto mechanic handle this job....but i'll give a try tomorrow MORNING and see if it works out...

That blows! When I exchanged e-mails with the company, I specifically asked about the instructions and they said they were included in the package. You might want to reach out to them to see if they can send you an electronic copy via e-mail. They did say that everything goes into pre-drilled/existing holes...

tsedhun69
09-01-2012, 05:53 PM
that what stupid mechanic told me....SELL IT ON EBAY......

tsedhun69
09-02-2012, 02:55 PM
wazup!!! here is few pictures ,,auto mechanic unsuccessful to put them together after 45mins,told me its brackets holes doesn't lineup right against the car's existing holes underneath...blah...blah...sell it on ebay....its no good...so, got up early morning and get my hands dirty under the hood...installation went pretty good...took me 3hrs and need lot of petience, its bit complicated,even auto mechanic gave up yesterday,,from the scale of 1 to 5 for dificulties,,i would say 3.5....anyway....here r few picture,your oppinions r welcome....

jp1450
09-02-2012, 03:19 PM
wazup!!! here is few pictures ,,auto mechanic unsuccessful to put them together after 45mins,told me its brackets holes doesn't lineup right against the car's existing holes underneath...blah...blah...sell it on ebay....its no good...so, got up early morning and get my hands dirty under the hood...installation went pretty good...took me 3hrs and need lot of petience, its bit complicated,even auto mechanic gave up yesterday,,from the scale of 1 to 5 for dificulties,,i would say 3.5....anyway....here r few picture,your oppinions r welcome....

Wow! With all that you went through, I think they look pretty damn good! Did any of the holes line up at all? Did you have to do any drilling?

Congrats!

tsedhun69
09-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow! With all that you went through, I think they look pretty damn good! Did any of the holes line up at all? Did you have to do any drilling?

Congrats!
Thanx...no drilling required at all..holes does lines up good, the only tough part is the rear car existing hole to put what they called is T-shape screw in...I use pretty thick steel wire tied to the screw and pushed it in thru bigger hole and came out thru smaller hole where u attach to the bracket...other than that it was pretty easy process...I don't understand what's wrong with auto mechanic...he suggested me it's not lining up and told me to sell it on eBay....so, I just stop by his shop and he was pretty impressed with my handy work....guess I don't have to sell it on eBay.....

nycx5
09-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanx...no drilling required at all..holes does lines up good, the only tough part is the rear car existing hole to put what they called is T-shape screw in...I use pretty thick steel wire tied to the screw and pushed it in thru bigger hole and came out thru smaller hole where u attach to the bracket...other than that it was pretty easy process...I don't understand what's wrong with auto mechanic...he suggested me it's not lining up and told me to sell it on eBay....so, I just stop by his shop and he was pretty impressed with my handy work....guess I don't have to sell it on eBay.....

where did you get the door sill protectors.....

jp1450
09-02-2012, 09:48 PM

I have seen those on eBay. Just search for "CX-5 sill". I think they run about $30 a set delivered.

tsedhun69
09-03-2012, 12:24 AM

Yuup....eBay .....you know seller name sincobar...great seller, fast and free shipping for $34. And it does look great plus paint protection...

puddle.jumper
09-03-2012, 02:02 PM
those running boards look nice and a clean look too. do you find them sturdy enough to stand on -like during washing the roof of vehicle or maybe adjusting a roof rack?

GAXIBM
09-03-2012, 03:52 PM
How much ground clearance do you loose?

tsedhun69
09-03-2012, 08:55 PM
those running boards look nice and a clean look too. do you find them sturdy enough to stand on -like during washing the roof of vehicle or maybe adjusting a roof rack?
Yuup,,they were very sturdy,just tried this morning while car wash....seller mentioned capacity to 500Lbs ..so, it works for me....

tsedhun69
09-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I would say,,,,Maybe 3 inches...my guess by looking coz I was underneath the car whole time while installing every brackets and even putting on running board itself...never even lifting the car whole time of installation...

rmac
09-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't understand what's wrong with auto mechanic...he suggested me it's not lining up and told me to sell it on eBay....so, I just stop by his shop and he was pretty impressed with my handy work....guess I don't have to sell it on eBay.....

I guess the problem could be that he's a mechanic and not an auto body repair man which is why he was having problems.

tsedhun69
09-05-2012, 09:36 PM
I guess the problem could be that he's a mechanic and not an auto body repair man which is why he was having problems.

I mean to say..he was auto body service personal...where they sell fancy wheels and tires,stereos and etc.....

christf10
11-14-2012, 06:13 PM

Looks great. What wind/rain deflectors do you have? Where did you purchase?

kcss88
11-19-2012, 06:07 PM
From the pics...they are the oem mud guards. Any dealer should have them.

Bdevil
06-16-2016, 04:24 AM
Anyone else done this? The one guy here that did and posted pics the links are no good anymore.

twabrigs
06-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Anyone else done this? The one guy here that did and posted pics the links are no good anymore.

Yes, fitted some about a year ago, Mazda UK used to sell them as an accessory but no longer. There are loads of aftermarket ones on the net but many foul the jacking points whereas these don't.

I'd post photos but can't work out how to do that...

zoinks821
06-16-2016, 12:16 PM

Hey guys, as Tsedhun69, knows it took me 3 years for me to find someone to put on my running boards from winsomechina, since I am not handy at all when it comes to cars. If you are NOT going to do it yourself, here is my suggestion. Find a Custom Car shop to put them on. I went to several body shops, mechanics and no one would touch them since there are no instructions on installation and they are made in China. When I found this guy who customizes cars, he had no problems installing them using all the right tools and a lift; and only took 1 1/2 hours. They are on firm, tight and look great. I am totally pleased with them, although I would have like to had them installed sooner it was worth the wait.

Bdevil
06-19-2016, 06:15 AM
They look good