Driver Side Door Panel Cracking

droopdog

IMAG0368.jpgIMAG0369.jpg

I have AWD Sport and my drive side door panel near the window starting cracking. The dealer has offer to replace the panel, but provide no reason why it might have happen or if it know issue.
Attached a couple of picture for the group.

Are your windows tinted? Not that it should matter. Five months of sun shouldn't do that to any part of the car.

Upon close observation of this car, including removing some of the door panels and other plastic interior trims, the quality "feel" of the material is not very great... which led me to believe that the durability of some parts might not last very long (especially part of the roof panel in the rear seat next to the far back window). I am not sure if they were designed purposely to be part of the whole "skyactive" technology or if they were cutting cost to offer the vehicle starting at $20,000....

I'll keep my eye out.
Thanks for the heads up.

I was thinking this might be an issue.. but not in our car. Sat in a Ford Focus and the plastic felt really cheap.

I wipe them down with a damp towel, let dry. Then I use a UV Protection Armor wipes.

Maybe your wipes are causing the damage. I haven't used anything on mine and they are fine.

Edit just looked it up apparently they use a lot of alcohol in them which tends to dry out the plastics causing them to crack for many people. Looks like they can do more bad than good.

Last edited:
Back