New CX-5 Touring - Leaking something - Possibly AC condensation?

Javaman

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD
Hello,

New member here (and first time Mazda owner as well). I traded in my 2000 Chevy Blazer for a new Mazda CX-5 Touring and I love it.

Over the last few days I've noticed that something has been leaking underneath the car - usually I'll notice it after it's been parked in the driveway for a while or at the end of the day after work.

It's leaking what appears to be clear liquid (no color, no smell) pretty much in the mid to front section underneath the car. I stuck a piece of paper underneath it this morning when I noticed it was dripping, and the paper didn't show any color or oily nature at all. It looks identical to a drop of water that landed on the same piece of paper after I brought it inside, leading me to believe that it's hopefully just condensation from using the AC unit?

Where is the condensation from the AC unit supposed to exit the underneath of the vehicle? Does the location I mentioned sound right?

Thanks.

Mine drips ac condensation in front of the front passenger footwell.

I noticed this as well. Nothing to worry about if it looks and smells like water. Our Mazda 3 was famous for this as well. One minor side effect of an amazing AC system I guess.

Mine does same thing, normal AC condensation drip.

I'm sure its just AC condensation and it's a good sign imho. Japanese cars in general have good AC systems at least in my experiences.

I had a 2002 BMW 3-series and the freakin thing smelled like mold inside the cabin. The design has very poor drainage of condensation which required a tedious process for dealers to maintain. There's a collection plate in the dash below the radio. The technical bulletin for BMW dealers involves drilling (yes drilling) a hole near the footwell where they spray foam to kill and eliminate mold from the fins. Also BMW's venting straw (for AC condensation) had been known to clog easy.

The CX-5's AC system has been a good suprise thus far which I wasn't expecting.

I've never owned a car that didn't leak water/condensate from the A/C system. That's normal.

Also have this, my wife's RAV4 has it as well, it's due to condensation, nothing to worry about.

Cheers,
Miki

Bigger worry if it doesn't drain/drip condensation.

Back