Aftermarket LED DRL bars

Jwlj

:
2013 CX-5 Touring
Thead to share pictures, links and any info you have for solutions you've found to install an LED DRL bar in our cars.

There are already posts here for the OEM ones available in the europe market.

Post any links you find.

Link to gallery from a Russian CX-5 Forum.
This actually came out pretty well. I don't see any information as to what LED bar was used nor did they provide a how to DIY.
Almost looks like a dealer is taking it upon themselves to provide it at point of sale.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://cx-5.ru/gallery/image/2043/

29o48ih.jpg

Last edited:
BTW here is a pic of the OEM LED DRL for those unaware

34pfmdi.jpg

mooaw.jpg

vyvbeg.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't sure how Brabus style DRL's would look on the CX-5, but this actually looks pretty good. What would be really cool are Audi style DRL's built into the headlight. Maybe following the lines of the headlight accent.

I wasn't sure how Brabus style DRL's would look on the CX-5, but this actually looks pretty good. What would be really cool are Audi style DRL's built into the headlight. Maybe following the lines of the headlight accent.

I've thought about that as well.
I'm actually considiering doing a headlight mod. Not sure if I will go through the design though.
Here is a post on that subject from HID retro fitting site I frequent.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?46888-Your-opinion-Will-it-look-good&highlight=good

I've been doing alot of research to do one like that.
I'm starting to look into how hyundai did their design on the sonata hybrid. It would work for our cars I think, but with smaller LED's.
In the mean time I'm waiting to see how the xStrips turn out from TRS when they release them in about 2 months.
Look up their xB Ring to see the output. It's crazy. The tech behind them is great. Way better then the LED strips you buy from autozone or some cheap led site.

I do not know how to post pics like you did. I have installed DRLs on my CX5, see my photos in profile.

Lupi,

If you want to post a pic so it shows up on the forum
go to a pic hosting site. I use tinypic.com a lot. Imgur works well too.

It'll ask for you to upload the pic from your computer, or provide the URL if you just want to copy the image from the internet.

You'll then need to type in some code to verify that your a person and not a robot. It'll then give you a bunch of links to use depending on what your posting the image to.

Use the one provided for message boards.

Just copy that text and paste it in your thread. It'll automatically show the image when you hit the post thread/ reply button.

BTW here is a pic of the OEM LED DRL for those unaware
mooaw.jpg

Has anyone tried to source this lower bumper component? It looks like that whole section is two piece - with USDM NOT including the LED, and EDM and MEDM (Euro/Middle East) having it. This should be a great and easy do it yourself. We just need part numbers to order. :)

This is the european parts number KD45-V5-750
Mazda is making a diffrence between the halogen and xenon cars.
Look at Mazda.de or Mazda.nl

Gr. Karl

I don't think he was asking for the P/N for the LED kit, but rather the bumper itself, specifically the lower black portion of the bumper.

I haven't looked to see if it is two pieces or just 1 piece painted.

I don't think he was asking for the P/N for the LED kit, but rather the bumper itself, specifically the lower black portion of the bumper.

I haven't looked to see if it is two pieces or just 1 piece painted.

I had seen the manual somewhere for the install of those LED modules. The manual called for removing the bumper cover and cutting out holes for the LED modules.

Back