Rumor: 2014 CX-5 to offer 2.5L engine

If true, I find it strange that the 2.5L SkyActiv engine only puts out 170 HP & Torque. That is about the same as the std 2.5L engine. If scaling is even somewhat close and a 2.0L SkyActiv puts out 155HP the a 2.5 should yeild ~ 195HP. Something doesn't equate. A 2.3L SkyActive should put out ~ 170-175HP.

I agree. Maybe they're trying to get the most efficiency out of that 2.5L instead of hp/torque.

Who knows, maybe that 170hp is at 2500 rpm =) .

You are most probably correct xwedge. I know my 07 CX7 was factory tuned to deliever torque at 2500 rpm and the same engine in the speed3 had the torque peak at 3500, I believe.

You are most probably correct xwedge. I know my 07 CX7 was factory tuned to deliever torque at 2500 rpm and the same engine in the speed3 had the torque peak at 3500, I believe.

Don't forget, the torque came on quick with the CX-7 because it had a turbo. The turbo will make much more power and much lower, making the car even more efficient if you can keep your foot out of it :)

hmmm, wonder what a larger engine option will do to the resale value of ours....

I'm estimating, very little. If any truth to the rumor, the 2.5L will have lower gas mileage ratings and not best mileage in class.

In retrospect the 2013 (w/2.0L) resale values today are very good in California. The significantly higher prices of the 2014s have helped too.

Back