Husky Liners for CX-5

Not sure, but again I'd go with the oem one for the trunk its really great and far cheaper than the others. The floor mats however, others are for sure better.

I bought husky liners for my Tribute years ago. They are great for the winter. Perfect fit and high sides so it is very unlikely water will get out.

When I am ready to get my cx-5, I will by them before the first winter.

I'm looking at getting some Husky-liners for mine. Really want the Weathertech mats, but the best price I could find on front and back was $165ish shipped vs. the Husky-liners' $135. I will post pics when I get mine in. I had Weathertech mats in my 2006 Civic Si and loved them, and saw many different types of mats when I worked at the car wash while I was in high school (7 years ago), and Husky and Weathertech seemed to be about the same quality back then. We will see...and if I don't like them I can just return them.

Husky liners are good. I have them in my Speed3 and am very happy with them. I wish I would have waited for these to become available before I bought the OEM all weather mats.

I have to say WeatherTech is the way to go...have had them on my alternate cars and they just match up very nicely as they describe. You get what you pay for remember, dont just settle for a few bucks less.

I've had WeatherTech ones in my 2006 Civic and they didn't line up as well as some other vehicles I had seen. That was also the first year of that body style Civic, much like our CX5, so it was expected and WeatherTech fixed the problem swiftly (it was a problem with their mold release for the 06+ Civic and a few other new vehicles at the time). AS I said before, I worked at a car wash in high school and many of the trucks had heavy duty floor mats like Husky, WearherTech, Catch-All, etc, and the biggest difference I saw in them wasn't fit and finish or quality, but price.

I am out of town right now, but my Husky's should be sitting on my door step. I will be sure to post pictures of them when they are put in. Now, Im not saying these are better or worse, but they were less expensive which worked for me right now. I'm not going to pay an extra $30 to be on a bandwagon and fall in with everyone else...who knows, maybe these will be better, or, more likely, the same quality as the more expensive WeatherTech mats. If I could've found the WeatherTech mats for the same price or within $10 shipped, I more than likely would've went that route based off of previous experiences (much like the reason you went with them), BUT $30 was too much of a spread for my taste...

Got home today and opened the box on mine...definitely not impressed with the material vs. the WeatherTech mats. Nothing wrong with it, just not what I was expecting or remember from years ago. More of a thing, plasticy feeling to them instead of the thicker rubber that WeatherTech uses. Unsure I'f I'm going to return them or not...Husky does have a lifetime warranty for theirs so if there are problems with them I could just have them replaced. They seem sturdy enough, just flimsy because they are thinner...I will post pictures later on and then decide on whether or not I will return them and get WEatherTechs or keep these.

Here are the pics:
2a9e81k.jpg

1zqyfes.jpg

anyphu.jpg

r87135.jpg

34epz.jpg

The fit is very good and the spike that Husky uses underneath keep them in place VERY well.
The dead pedal cover goes up much higher than the WeatherTech mats.
They probably could've just put the same clips on the passenger side front that they did on the driver's side (instead of little dimples).
Also, they require you to cut the opening for the fuel door, which is good and bad. The WeatherTech mats didn't go up as high as these, but fit nicer over the fuel door cover. It doesn't bother me that much, just odd that they didn't just do it at the factory...their machines could for sure make a nicer cut than my shaky hands.
I also wish they were just a bit thicker...I'm sure they will last just fine but for over $100 I wish they had more substance to them when I pulled them out of the box.

Overall, still worth the $135 shipped and I think a good in-between for people who want the value of the Mazda mats and the protection of the WeatherTech mats (Me). Mazda mats were I think $85 shipped and best I could find on the WeatherTech mats was almost $190 shipped, so these are right in the middle.

I like that it covers more of the dead pedal.

Could you have just left it uncut? Cutting a hole could allow water to leak through, defeating the purpose of the liner. I would just have it sit over the fuel door release lever. I would mind lifting up the corner of the liner to lift the lever. They should of just molded the edges tightly around the lever.

Last edited:
I'm not cutting the gas lever hole....its easy enough to just lift the mat up a tad and pull the lever. Liking them so far...went fishing last night and put them through their paces.

Got home today and opened the box on mine...definitely not impressed with the material vs. the WeatherTech mats. Nothing wrong with it, just not what I was expecting or remember from years ago. More of a thing, plasticy feeling to them instead of the thicker rubber that WeatherTech uses. Unsure I'f I'm going to return them or not...Husky does have a lifetime warranty for theirs so if there are problems with them I could just have them replaced. They seem sturdy enough, just flimsy because they are thinner...I will post pictures later on and then decide on whether or not I will return them and get WEatherTechs or keep these.

This is interesting and completely opposite of what I've found. I use weathertech mats in my Odyssey. Those weathertechs seem to be very plasticky and I was hoping that by getting Huskys I'd get more of a rubber feel.

Got my covers. Indeed, the dead pedal is fully covered. All fit fine. Recommended.

I guess the WeatherTech mats that I had in 2007 just had a more substantial feel to them and were more textured than the Husky's I have now. Huskys are a lot thinner, but we are still very happy with them. Cleaning it up after camping/fishing was MUCH easier with these.

92fox thanks for sharing the pics and experience with these mats. it helped influence my decision to go with them.

in july i was thinking very hard about liner options and was very disappointed at the time because of:

1. the lack of full dead pedal coverage in both the oem and weathertech liners -otherwise i'd go with the weathertech ones, hands down.
2. the distracting branded badge logo of the weathertech ones
3. the mysterious lack of availability of the "cx-5" badged weathertech mats in the u.s. despite being made in the u.s. and
4. the inability to justify the price of the weathertech ones considering i wouldn't be fully satisfied because of #1, #2 & #3.

the husky ones looked nice although i too was disappointed how thin they are. my driver's side mat doesn't fit quite perfectly even after it is secured with the fasteners. there's a bit of a small gap with the mat edge towards the driver's seat and the carpet. i rather have it fit more snug there and other areas.

but, despite small gripes, i'm happier considering the other options out in the u.s. also, the design style of the grooves and that it comes in black is cool too. it beats the standard carpet mat and the paper mat protector from the dealership i've been using for over a month now. :)

are the husky owners all happy so far? i need to buy a set and am torn between this and weathertech. the husky's can be had for much less.

this thread here has some good comparison pictures of the weathertech set rebadged by Mazda

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123820749-CX-5-Weathertech-Mats-Toronto

I think both companies now use the thin plastic material by the looks of it. it doesn't look like weathertech uses rubber anymore like many of you mentioned before.

what i do notice is that the dead pedal is covered a lot more on the husky, but the weathertech looks to cover more along the sides.

any further comments?

i've been pretty happy with mine. to clean them you can simply hose them down. for any heavy debris stuck, a stronger pressure of a garden hose does it. a light spray of meguiar's d101 all purpose cleaner in mild ratio of 10:1 might help in maintaining a detail-level of acceptably clean. to play it safe with the warranty, hosing it down or even a mild soapy water mix would do it for certain stains. let dry or it would be slippy when you put it back.

a few other things:
-the mat is much thinner than i expected, and more 'plasticy' than rubbery grippy feel

-marks may develop on the mat from shoes, particularly on the driver's side where your heel makes contact by the pedals and rubs on the mat. i take this as normal wear but worth noting

-you have to lift up the side of the driver's mat to access the fuel door switch, otherwise the instructions say to cut an opening which i don't prefer to do

-i really appreciate the better dead pedal coverage and wouldn't mind a bit more, few inches taller

-since i live in the southern west coast region, i can't comment from any experience on its durability in snowy winter conditions. but i would say that husky or the weathertech mats would be the ones worth considering at this time

-if someone owns both the weathertech and husky mats, i'd be interested in hearing any observable comparisons -the pros and cons- and any other less obvious characteristic differences

so far so good with mine. thumbs up.

based on feedback and prices, I am going to give husky liners a try. kind of like not having a large weathertech logo being an eyesore.
I think some folks misunderstand the difference between liners and floor mats... liners are met to be thin and mold to the flooring.

ordered the husky liners for $119 shipped from here: http://autoplicity.com/products/3489031-husky_liners_99731__weather_b_2013_cx5.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=3489031NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GSNOFITMENT&adtype=pla&kw=&utm_term=&adpos=1o1&network=g&gclid=CLv97armsrMCFYuZ4AodAGIANw

Back