Miles Per Gallon digital read out

nopalito24

:
CX5
Hello fellow CX5 owners...
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong(user error) or what but my MPG digital read out ALWAYS reads 27.4, as well as my MPH average is always 27
which is impossible. I mean I get great gas mileage but the read out seems to be stuck, do I have to do anything?
does your read out change w/ every trip?

thanks, any info will be appreciated

After a while it wont change much because there are a lot of miles being used to calculate that average. You can reset the value by holding the center of the info button down for a few seconds when your on the avg mpg selection screen.

yeah, those results are supposed to be used to calculate trips. Like nizzy said, after a while there are just way to many values in the memory

As the others said, your average won't change much once you have a lot of miles. But what I want to know is how to reset the average MPG? I'm used to on my last car resetting the average when I get gas. Anyone know?

As the others said, your average won't change much once you have a lot of miles. But what I want to know is how to reset the average MPG? I'm used to on my last car resetting the average when I get gas. Anyone know?

Hold the info key down in the center for a few seconds to reset to zero.

We took a 400 mile trip and I reset the average mph/mpg at a gas station 1/2 mile from the freeway. After 6 hrs of driving between 65-85, the average mph showed something like 41mph. WTF?! it should have been something like 73.

Did you reset the Average MPH after you filled up? You have to reset it separately from the Average Economy.

Back