POLL: Are you happy with the factory installed TomTom Navigation Unit?

POLL: Are you happy with the factory installed TomTom Navigation Unit?

• Total voters

Gio26NJ

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD Tech Package, 2014 Mazda 6 Touring
Simply choose Yes for you are happy or No for you are not happy.

It's got more features than I need. It has a steeper learning curve but over time it's gotten easier to use. I've used the voice command feature a few times.

How about a "Its OK but it has room for improvement in the programming?"

You're right I didn't even think of an option like that, I tried editing the Poll to include a neutral option but I couldn't, maybe a Mod can help add that?

I've used the navigation options in 2010+ models of cars from Audi, Nissan, and Ford and I can say without a doubt the TomTom is my favorite. The Audi looked nice and especially recently has some cool new features such as 3D cities but TomTom's unit was the fastest in responding, easiest to enter information with its touch screen (Audi's MMI makes it very tedious to enter information), and has maps that looks nice and crisp and the display shows lots of useful details.

When I switched from the Audi to the CX-5 I assumed the TomTom wasn't going to be anything special, and it's not, but it's really good and it works and looks just as good, if not better, than what else is on the market for factory built-in nav.

i've said before, once you get the destination in, it works ok (other than the video glitches and poor graphics design)
the major problem is getting the destination set...

i find it to be overly dumbed down and safety nannyish

I like it a lot. No issues so far, it's fairly simple, traffic updates work great, it could be a little bit snappier, though.

no, garmin is way better. more user friendly. ive never liked tomtom though. now im stuck with it in my dash

As a basic unit, the Tomtom does the job effectively but it lacks the refinements of standalone Tomtom units and other brands. In particular, the CX5 Tomtom does a lousy job of displaying POIs. Every other GPS I've owned allows you to click on a POI to get its details (name, address, phone no etc) and many let you dial the specific establishment by selecting the POI. the CX5 Tomtom does none of that so its almost pointless having the POIs displayed at all.

Happy? Not necessarily.
Satisfied? Yes.

I hesitantly voted yes, because it certainly doesn't make me happy. In fact, it makes me cuss like a sailor. However, it typically does its job in the end for me. Could have been done better by Mazda, though.

Hopefully an update comes out soon where you can do voice activated destinations while driving. That is my only complaint.

I just received an email from Mazda stating that there is an "Important Navigation update for your CX-5" have not done it yet. Anyone updated or know what changed?

yup just received the email too. Appears to be a reminder to update the navigation system maps. Free update must be used within 60 days or no longer valid.

Hopefully an update comes out soon where you can do voice activated destinations while driving. That is my only complaint.

I may not be understanding what you are saying, but the nav does take voice activated commands while driving. You only can't use the buttons to input an address. I have spoken addresses or POI's while driving and it has worked.

Naaah I am not, compare to those ones at Toyota Camry new navigation is far far better then this cheap tom tom.

I may not be understanding what you are saying, but the nav does take voice activated commands while driving. You only can't use the buttons to input an address. I have spoken addresses or POI's while driving and it has worked.

Mine doesn't work but this happened after I updated the nav

Back