What I wish my cx5 had

I wish my CX-5 had

Mute button on the steering wheel
ALL WINDOWS should work when the ignition turns off while the doors are still closed--not just the driver window..

Quick question---what is that meshy thing above the rear view mirror on the windshield..??

That is odd that only the driver window operates, heck my cheap nissan versa operates all windows after ignition turned off.

The dot matrix is just paint to help keep the sun from your eyes when you look in the mirror. Cars have had them for quite some time now.

All wheel drive, 6 speed manual, 420 lb/ft, 175 hp diesel engine like they offer in the UK. Am I asking too much? The rest of the options I can do aftermarket.

Diesel or more power with the same mileage in a gas engine
All one touch up/down (BTW, isn't it HARDER to make only one window with this feature than to just make them all do it?)
6 way (or more) power passenger seat
sub woofer (1 or 2 12" would be nice. LOL)
19" wheels on the touring
oil slick/smoke screen/tack dispenser for the "heat" or tailgaters.

I believe the difference between one AUTO up/down window and 4 is between $0.00 and $0.05 total.But you gotta differentiate your product line somehow right? I find it really annoying that they (all auto manufs.) do stuff like that. You really can't seperate your product line with real tech, engines, and material quality (things that actually have a cost/value) so you have to resort to building IN inconvenience in lower priced models. =(

The auto up and down is a liability thing not a cost thing. Same why the sun roof opens with 1 touch but not close. So they dont get sued when someone sticks their head or hand out the window while its shutting.

If you are in the UK, you will want DAB (amazingly they don't even offer it as an option).

19" wheels on the touring.

Yes, this ^^^^^ :)

And also Advanced Keyless Entry (opening doors with keys in pocket) for Touring. Rumor says the 2013 Mazda3 will get it for lesser trims, so maybe the CX-5 will too.

And a 2.5L SKYACTIV-G engine option. Rumored to be coming as an option for the new Mazda6 too, but I dunno... haven't seen anything from Mazda about it.

It's those minor wishes that are holding me back from buying one just yet.

Power seat controls with a lumbar support for the front passenger seat. Then my husband would stop speculating about how much it might cost to get one installed whenever he's in the car.

The auto up and down is a liability thing not a cost thing. Same why the sun roof opens with 1 touch but not close. So they dont get sued when someone sticks their head or hand out the window while its shutting.

If thats the case, then no cars would have auto sun roofs or all auto windows, which isn't the case. But thanks for reminding me how much I don't like the one touch open but the hold touch close on my sun roof. LOL

Yes, this ^^^^^ :)

And also Advanced Keyless Entry (opening doors with keys in pocket) for Touring. Rumor says the 2013 Mazda3 will get it for lesser trims, so maybe the CX-5 will too.

And a 2.5L SKYACTIV-G engine option. Rumored to be coming as an option for the new Mazda6 too, but I dunno... haven't seen anything from Mazda about it.

It's those minor wishes that are holding me back from buying one just yet.

Yeah, this is the only car that I know of that has a push button start, and you still have to take the key out to unlock the doors. WTF??!!!

That doesn't make sense... so more expensive cars don't have liability? Plus all car have pinch-protection on the windows now, that couldn't happen anyways.

Driver seat memory for each keyfob with a automatic pull back for entry/exit on the GT - I would have bought the tech package if it was in there.

I kinda wish the CX-5 (US spec) had daytime LEDs and LED tail lights and a bit thicker paint.

First off, I'm so loving all the great features that are built into my CX-5.

IMG_0597.JPG

a-For the keyless system, a design that one can know what's what by feel only, i.e. the 'lock' and 'unlock' buttons are different (see pict above, and it works!). What a convenience this would be.

b-A dashboard top that is matte black to lessen light reflection in the windshield for excellent, not just great, visibility (especially useful for those w/ a dash cam). Right now the speaker reflection is quite visible.

c-Moonroof and other windows that close after the vehicle is turned off, by use of their controls (don't know how many times I've had to restart the vehicle just to close the moonroof.

d-less blind spot percentages (can't the ends of a mirrors be slightly curved more to allow it to reflect a wider angle, especially to cover blind areas?).

Speaking of dash cams as mentioned in 'b', maybe mazda should have them as an option in future models. It's great to prove who's at fault in an accident, to capture perhaps even other accidents, to prevent insurance fraud, and to identify someone who might cause property damage to your vehicle. I'm sure it might help with insurance rates as well, so could pay for itself.

edit: e- FYI, I noticed with the first CX-5 I looked at, at the dealership, that the magazine pocket was torn. But later in our new CX-5 (not the one that had the torn mag pocket) when folding down the rear seats I noticed the rear seat head support was actually grabbing it and thus not allowing the seats to lay flat, and if you're not aware of why the seat wasn't folding down all the way you might just apply enough force to rip the magazine pocket.

Last edited:
I wish my cx 5 had the i-drive thing like they have it in the UK.

I couldn't care less about loosing the cup holders as I never use them.

Latest posts

Back