PDA

View Full Version : What I wish my cx5 had

5 star general
07-25-2012, 08:54 PM
I wish my CX-5 had

Mute button on the steering wheel
ALL WINDOWS should work when the ignition turns off while the doors are still closed--not just the driver window..

Quick question---what is that meshy thing above the rear view mirror on the windshield..??

acgolfer
07-25-2012, 09:08 PM
That is odd that only the driver window operates, heck my cheap nissan versa operates all windows after ignition turned off.

nizzy1115
07-25-2012, 11:40 PM
The dot matrix is just paint to help keep the sun from your eyes when you look in the mirror. Cars have had them for quite some time now.

Lando
07-26-2012, 02:15 AM
All wheel drive, 6 speed manual, 420 lb/ft, 175 hp diesel engine like they offer in the UK. Am I asking too much? The rest of the options I can do aftermarket.

EricF
07-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Diesel or more power with the same mileage in a gas engine
All one touch up/down (BTW, isn't it HARDER to make only one window with this feature than to just make them all do it?)
6 way (or more) power passenger seat
sub woofer (1 or 2 12" would be nice. LOL)
19" wheels on the touring
oil slick/smoke screen/tack dispenser for the "heat" or tailgaters.

nation845
07-26-2012, 03:32 AM
I believe the difference between one AUTO up/down window and 4 is between $0.00 and $0.05 total.But you gotta differentiate your product line somehow right? I find it really annoying that they (all auto manufs.) do stuff like that. You really can't seperate your product line with real tech, engines, and material quality (things that actually have a cost/value) so you have to resort to building IN inconvenience in lower priced models. =(

nizzy1115
07-26-2012, 07:05 AM
The auto up and down is a liability thing not a cost thing. Same why the sun roof opens with 1 touch but not close. So they dont get sued when someone sticks their head or hand out the window while its shutting.

pauly69
07-26-2012, 07:46 AM
If you are in the UK, you will want DAB (amazingly they don't even offer it as an option).

katmar
07-26-2012, 09:41 AM
19" wheels on the touring.

Yes, this ^^^^^ :)

And also Advanced Keyless Entry (opening doors with keys in pocket) for Touring. Rumor says the 2013 Mazda3 will get it for lesser trims, so maybe the CX-5 will too.

And a 2.5L SKYACTIV-G engine option. Rumored to be coming as an option for the new Mazda6 too, but I dunno... haven't seen anything from Mazda about it.

It's those minor wishes that are holding me back from buying one just yet.

Applauso
07-26-2012, 10:15 AM
A Spare wheel (UK) No option.

Jonesey
07-26-2012, 10:26 AM
My Sport model has a mute button on the steering wheel -

rianoel
07-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Power seat controls with a lumbar support for the front passenger seat. Then my husband would stop speculating about how much it might cost to get one installed whenever he's in the car.

EricF
07-26-2012, 11:05 AM
The auto up and down is a liability thing not a cost thing. Same why the sun roof opens with 1 touch but not close. So they dont get sued when someone sticks their head or hand out the window while its shutting.

If thats the case, then no cars would have auto sun roofs or all auto windows, which isn't the case. But thanks for reminding me how much I don't like the one touch open but the hold touch close on my sun roof. LOL

EricF
07-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Yes, this ^^^^^ :)

And also Advanced Keyless Entry (opening doors with keys in pocket) for Touring. Rumor says the 2013 Mazda3 will get it for lesser trims, so maybe the CX-5 will too.

And a 2.5L SKYACTIV-G engine option. Rumored to be coming as an option for the new Mazda6 too, but I dunno... haven't seen anything from Mazda about it.

It's those minor wishes that are holding me back from buying one just yet.

Yeah, this is the only car that I know of that has a push button start, and you still have to take the key out to unlock the doors. WTF??!!!

nation845
07-26-2012, 11:10 AM

That doesn't make sense... so more expensive cars don't have liability? Plus all car have pinch-protection on the windows now, that couldn't happen anyways.

GAXIBM
07-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Driver seat memory for each keyfob with a automatic pull back for entry/exit on the GT - I would have bought the tech package if it was in there.

CX-5um
07-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I kinda wish the CX-5 (US spec) had daytime LEDs and LED tail lights and a bit thicker paint.

jeremy44
07-27-2012, 06:02 AM
memory seats

simpletwig
07-27-2012, 06:19 PM
First off, I'm so loving all the great features that are built into my CX-5.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-c5DRV2M1Xg0/UBLVErghl-I/AAAAAAAAAFI/0hD_caH6z9M/s576/IMG_0597.JPG

a-For the keyless system, a design that one can know what's what by feel only, i.e. the 'lock' and 'unlock' buttons are different (see pict above, and it works!). What a convenience this would be.

b-A dashboard top that is matte black to lessen light reflection in the windshield for excellent, not just great, visibility (especially useful for those w/ a dash cam). Right now the speaker reflection is quite visible.

c-Moonroof and other windows that close after the vehicle is turned off, by use of their controls (don't know how many times I've had to restart the vehicle just to close the moonroof.

d-less blind spot percentages (can't the ends of a mirrors be slightly curved more to allow it to reflect a wider angle, especially to cover blind areas?).

Speaking of dash cams as mentioned in 'b', maybe mazda should have them as an option in future models. It's great to prove who's at fault in an accident, to capture perhaps even other accidents, to prevent insurance fraud, and to identify someone who might cause property damage to your vehicle. I'm sure it might help with insurance rates as well, so could pay for itself.

edit: e- FYI, I noticed with the first CX-5 I looked at, at the dealership, that the magazine pocket was torn. But later in our new CX-5 (not the one that had the torn mag pocket) when folding down the rear seats I noticed the rear seat head support was actually grabbing it and thus not allowing the seats to lay flat, and if you're not aware of why the seat wasn't folding down all the way you might just apply enough force to rip the magazine pocket.

hersh
07-27-2012, 10:56 PM
I wish my cx 5 had the i-drive thing like they have it in the UK.

I couldn't care less about loosing the cup holders as I never use them.

prhac
07-28-2012, 08:03 AM
I wish my cx 5 had the i-drive thing like they have it in the UK.

I couldn't care less about loosing the cup holders as I never use them.

It's a bit superfluous for the driver but not a passenger. As a driver I would use the touch screen (can access all menus within field of vision), but my wife can use the navigator between the seats without having to raise her arm infront of everything.

edwardzik
07-28-2012, 12:38 PM
European model in Canada (diesel + other features they have)

hersh
07-28-2012, 03:16 PM
It's a bit superfluous for the driver but not a passenger. As a driver I would use the touch screen (can access all menus within field of vision), but my wife can use the navigator between the seats without having to raise her arm infront of everything.

I wonder how much would that cost as an add-on and would it be plug and play. Keeping in mind that it's the same stereo etc and only the controls are being duplicated.

kdiddy18
07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
I wish 2nd gear in the manual was geared a little lower. It's way too long for a six speed.
I rev it all the way to 5.5-6k in first, then drop it into second and it feels like i went from 1st to 3rd.
I'm sure it's for the sake of mileage, but 2nd is driving me nuts in city driving!

gova
07-30-2012, 08:35 AM
I wish my CX-5 had

Mute button on the steering wheel

Mine does. Checked and used already. I have CX-5 MT Sport.

CodyZoom
07-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Automatic folding rear head restraints. The 2012 Honda CR-V has the greatest one-touch fold down system where the rear head rests, or restraints, fold down with the seats and you never have to touch them. Plus the floor folds down completely flat.

Rear vents for the passengers.

A smaller blind spot.

I wish the roof rails weren't on back order!!

More cubby/storage space for things like my wallet, phone, camera and other things like my ray gun and memory eraser (from MIB). Seriously though, this would be nicer for road trips where you have cameras, drinks, directions, multiple phones, etc.

Other than this I'm loving this car and look forward to many, many miles.

Macksma
07-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I agree CodyZoom, more cubby/storage space. This is the least I've had in a vehicle, maybe not so much for day to day, but road trips it would be helpful. Memory seats would be nice and the rear vents.

Nodnerb
07-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Only one thing. More hp and torque.

kimchei6
07-30-2012, 09:29 PM
1. power folding mirror and rear lift gate
2. panoramic sunroof. would look nice on my pearl white with black panoramic sunroof

and of course about 30-40 more hp. besides that i love my cx-5

snorlax
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
All wheel drive, 6 speed manual, 420 lb/ft, 175 hp diesel engine like they offer in the UK. Am I asking too much? The rest of the options I can do aftermarket.

This, and a factory sunroof with the manual trans. Oh, and a realistic towing limit not dictated by the legal dept. in the US. The petrol 2.0 FWD model (same as our sport) is rated by Mazda UK at 1800 Kg with brakes, which is 3960 lbs.

We've had a half-dozen VWs and Audis plus a Mini in our garages over the past 12 years, and all of them have had auto up/down on all moving glass and remote roof/windows open/close. If you put your hand in the path of a closing window or sunroof (or you have a slow learning dog), it will bounce off and stop as soon as it touches the body part. And a light touch is all that's necessary. Gonna miss that on the Mazda.

Sometimes it needed to be programmed in with the Vag-Com tool or by the dealer, but the potential was always there.

katmar
08-01-2012, 12:32 PM
The ability to wave your foot under the rear hatch to open it. I think the Ford Escape has it.

Lando
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Heated seat option with cloth seats like Subaru offers on their all-weather package.