Hood edge protector coming unglued

nycx5

:
2014 Mazda 3i Grand Touring
About a month ago i installed the hood edge protector on my cx5 and i am now noticing it is coming unglued along the trailing edge. I ordered it from mazdaparts.org and they are sending me a new one.....NO Charge ! Any suggestions on removing the old one without damaging the paint ?

Are you saying that it actually glues to the paint on the hood as part of the installation? Guess I never stopped to wonder how they attach that thing. Hope it works out for you and you can get it off without damage, good that they replaced it for free.

Wow I always thought those things went under the hood somehow and not glued, good luck!

Maybe i should rephrase the question. Its actually double side 3m tape.....

Oh sh*t - I have one coming today and had I known it adhered via tape and it didn't screw on underneath the hood I never would have ordered it.

I'll take a look when I get mine

Ok- got mine today - Glad to see that it actually does fit from underneath the hood via holes and that it doesn't just "stick on"

About a month ago i installed the hood edge protector on my cx5 and i am now noticing it is coming unglued along the trailing edge. I ordered it from mazdaparts.org and they are sending me a new one.....NO Charge ! Any suggestions on removing the old one without damaging the paint ?

A little solvent and fishing line will remove the double sided tape from paint. Then clean off glue.

Ok- got mine today - Glad to see that it actually does fit from underneath the hood via holes and that it doesn't just "stick on"

Would you mind posting some pics of how it is mounted and how it looks with the hood closed too. Seems like cheap insurance against flying rocks.

Back