used k04 and unused OEM CDFP. 2008 MS3

K04 = $300 + $12 shipping
HP CDFP = $200 + $5 shipping

Haven't been on Mazda forums in a long time. Kind of lost interest in the Mazda and eventually traded it in on a truck to haul my motorcycle to the track.

I pulled the K04 because I installed a BNR stage 3. It was pulled at 35k miles. I had no problems with the k04, no smoke and it held boost very well. I had a Cobb AP stage 2 tune on it for 10k miles and never had an issue with the turbo. I don't know exactly what shaft play is, as with my new BNR you could wiggle the assembly a little bit, just like I can with this k04. It is my understanding that is normal with journal bearing turbos, as the assembly is pressurized by oil flow. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I got busy and forgot to send the k04 back for the core charge return! It's been a while since then so I figure I should just sell it separately.

I think I reused the coolant or oil feed line for the BNR install, I can't remember now it's been a long time - whichever one it is, this k04 doesn't come with it.

k04.jpg

I also have a new, unused OEM from the Mazda dealership HP CDFP, for the 2008 MS3. I bought this a while back, thinking I might have a fuel problem and my CP-E pump was on back order. Anyway I never used it.

cdfp.jpg

Update, I remembered that I had the Fuel Pump installed for a brief time while I waited for the CPE pump to be delivered. Sorry about that. So it is in fact used but good condition. I put the blue caps on and put in the original packaging right away.

It's been a couple of years and a lot of beers so it took someone jogging my memory.

At the time I thought something was wrong with my original pump, so that's why I installed this new one from the dealer. Turned out to be a dirty sensor elsewhere. Anyway the CPE pump was installed within a week or two of installing this OEM pump. So not much use at all.

Last edited:
So did you leave the cp e pump in the car when you traded it, or do you still have it by any chance?

Back