New Horn?

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
Anyone thought of replacing the CX-5 horn with a more aggressive sounding one such as the CX-7 or CX-9's?

Will it be cheap to do it or do you think the dealers can just switch the horn from the CX-7 or CX-9

The stock horn doesn't match the mean face of the CX-5

I was about to post this the other day :D yes I have thought about a stronger horn rather than the wimpy one we have. Such a whiny beep.

What I would like to change is how loud the horn beeps when you lock the doors. Its obnoxiously loud. I wish it sounded like my GTI. Just a little muffled beep.

What I would like to change is how loud the horn beeps when you lock the doors. Its obnoxiously loud. I wish it sounded like my GTI. Just a little muffled beep.

Doesn't the horn only sound if you push the lock button twice within 5 seconds? One push locks it all with no horn.

Doesn't the horn only sound if you push the lock button twice within 5 seconds? One push locks it all with no horn.

Correct, but I like the confirmation just not so loudly. I'm whining basically.

i dont understand why the horn is so week but the double lock is so sharp? seems like it should be other way around

I would be interested in this also. There are some crazy loud aftermarket horns you can get. Does anyone know from experience that the CX7 or CX9 are better/louder? I would also love to change the sound of the lock confirmation. I love the subtle Subaru beep.

Let me know what else you find out...coming from a nice Acura horn to Mazda CX5--- yuuuuk!!! Consider swaping them for perhaps a compatible one...ideas??? Post please!

Here is a guy from the german Mazda6-forum.info
He installed a CX-7 horn.
He also gives the original partsnumber.

I'm gonna install the Bosch Airmaster about 115 dB.

Greetings Karl

Andere Hupe fr den CX-5 - Einbauanleitung

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hallo
Es gibt einen Nachrstlsung fr die CX-5 Hupe,
alle die schon mal die Hupe benutzt haben wissen das sie nicht besonders
gut klingt und auch nicht so laut ist wie man es z.B. vom 6er gewohnt ist.
Die Nachrsthupe ist vom CX-7 und klingt viel besser
Ich habe sie bestellt und eingebaut.
Zeitaufwand 0,5Std
Material:Kabelschuh,1,5m Kabel,schwarze Farbe.
Das braucht ihr noch zustzlich zur Hupe.
Der Orginalhalter vom CX-7 mu gerade gebogen werden und schwarz lackiert werden,sonst wrde man sie hinter dem Khlergrill sehen.
Bei der Kabelverlegung darauf achten das das Kabel nirgends durch Vibrationen beschdigt werden kann.
Wenn alle Clipse und Schrauben gelst sind lsst sich die Kunststoffabdeckung hochklappen so das man mit der Hand dran kommt,
leider kann man sie nicht komplett abnehmen,dazu mu man die ganze Stostange abnehmen.
Die Hupe wird einfach an die Orginalhupe mit angeklemmt.
Die Hndler haben dazu auch eine Einbauanleitung,einfach mal nach einer Kopie fragen.
Teilnummer:E223-66-78YC Hochton Signalhorn.
Preis 42€

Viel Spa beim basteln
Gru Maik

Last edited:
Here is a guy from the german Mazda6-forum.info
He installed a CX-7 horn.
He also gives the original partsnumber.

I'm gonna install the Bosch Airmaster about 115 dB.

Greetings Karl

Andere Hupe fr den CX-5 - Einbauanleitung

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hallo
Es gibt einen Nachrstlsung fr die CX-5 Hupe,
alle die schon mal die Hupe benutzt haben wissen das sie nicht besonders
gut klingt und auch nicht so laut ist wie man es z.B. vom 6er gewohnt ist.
Die Nachrsthupe ist vom CX-7 und klingt viel besser
Ich habe sie bestellt und eingebaut.
Zeitaufwand 0,5Std
Material:Kabelschuh,1,5m Kabel,schwarze Farbe.
Das braucht ihr noch zustzlich zur Hupe.
Der Orginalhalter vom CX-7 mu gerade gebogen werden und schwarz lackiert werden,sonst wrde man sie hinter dem Khlergrill sehen.
Bei der Kabelverlegung darauf achten das das Kabel nirgends durch Vibrationen beschdigt werden kann.
Wenn alle Clipse und Schrauben gelst sind lsst sich die Kunststoffabdeckung hochklappen so das man mit der Hand dran kommt,
leider kann man sie nicht komplett abnehmen,dazu mu man die ganze Stostange abnehmen.
Die Hupe wird einfach an die Orginalhupe mit angeklemmt.
Die Hndler haben dazu auch eine Einbauanleitung,einfach mal nach einer Kopie fragen.
Teilnummer:E223-66-78YC Hochton Signalhorn.
Preis 42€

Viel Spa beim basteln
Gru Maik

How much is the Bosch horn?

+1 for changing the horn to a compact Air Horn...

Solution for the loud horn beep is the auto lock as you walk away if you have the advanced key system. It beeps once when you close the last door and again as you walk away to confirm the lock. Note: Beeps <> Horn

David

When I checked at the dealer, the parts manual shows two horns, one in the right rear, and the one in front of the radiator on the left. There seems to be plenty of space to mount an air horn up front, but I think that would make the door lock honk almost unbearable unless one could just route it to the rear horn.......

When I checked at the dealer, the parts manual shows two horns, one in the right rear, and the one in front of the radiator on the left. There seems to be plenty of space to mount an air horn up front, but I think that would make the door lock honk almost unbearable unless one could just route it to the rear horn.......

My non tech package can lock with 1 lock press with no horn sound. 2 lock presses = horn confirmation.

My non tech package can lock with 1 lock press with no horn sound. 2 lock presses = horn confirmation.

Correct me if im wrong but in my Speed3 1 click lock all the doors and a 2nd one activated the alarm system.
I think it's the same thing in the CX5.

I am a little fat fingered with the remote, generally relying on feel ( I put Velcro on the lock button on the remote ), so I know I would at times activate it inappropriately. I believe that if I could figure out which horn the alarm is activating (or if it is both) an air horn on the front and the rear alarm stock would be great, if I could route the door lock alert to the rear horn (high pitch, according to the dealership) and that would be sufficient. When I checked at the dealership today, the electrical service manual is not out yet....

has anyone installed a new horn? I just bought a WOLO 419 and I want to install it. I just don't know where to start. I unscrewed some screws under the hood but didn't know how to get the grill out to get to the horn.

Thank you so much. Found exactly what I needed... Now, I just have to figure out if I can remove the grill without removing the front bumper as the instructions say... really don't feel like taking the whole front bumper off for this...

Back