New to Forum and some questions :)

Mannix143

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hello All,

Me and my brother bought a CX-5 Touring(sky blue, no options) about a weeks ago, Our first New car, the old one was a 95 Isuzu trooper(Given to us my Moms friend), never really took care of it.

First Q is, is there a way to fix a small paint chip? The reason I'm asking is when I parked the car outside to get something, I think someone slightly backed off and at the top,middle part of the license plate, got a small paint chipped off. I was thinking of putting a slim door guard to prevent it from happening again.

Second, is there a way to get just one of the upgrades, like the heated side mirrors? that would be nice during the winter season. remote start would also be a nice thing during winter time. I saw you can buy the auto dimming rear view mirrors and you can install it yourself, but I dont usually drive at night and i'd rather have a clip-on panoramic rear view mirror. Also, the adjustable seats is only on the driver side, can I have the option to install it on the passenger side?

Lastly, I have the eazypass sticked behind the rear view mirror, it has been a brutal heat wave here in NYC and before going to work, I looked inside the car and the eazypass fell, the glue melted. It was 100 degrees for the 2nd day now. Is there a way to avoid this? I used a one sided velcro and the other side adhesive.

Thanks in Advance, and sorry for too many questions.

:)

Hello All,

Me and my brother bought a CX-5 Touring(sky blue, no options) about a weeks ago, Our first New car, the old one was a 95 Isuzu trooper(Given to us my Moms friend), never really took care of it.

First Q is, is there a way to fix a small paint chip? The reason I'm asking is when I parked the car outside to get something, I think someone slightly backed off and at the top,middle part of the license plate, got a small paint chipped off. I was thinking of putting a slim door guard to prevent it from happening again.

Second, is there a way to get just one of the upgrades, like the heated side mirrors? that would be nice during the winter season. remote start would also be a nice thing during winter time. I saw you can buy the auto dimming rear view mirrors and you can install it yourself, but I dont usually drive at night and i'd rather have a clip-on panoramic rear view mirror. Also, the adjustable seats is only on the driver side, can I have the option to install it on the passenger side?

Lastly, I have the eazypass sticked behind the rear view mirror, it has been a brutal heat wave here in NYC and before going to work, I looked inside the car and the eazypass fell, the glue melted. It was 100 degrees for the 2nd day now. Is there a way to avoid this? I used a one sided velcro and the other side adhesive.

Thanks in Advance, and sorry for too many questions.

:)

You can buy touch up paint at the dealer.

Power for the heated mirrors MAY be already ran to your mirrors (a lot of auto manufactures will run wires in all cars regardless of options to cut costs). You may have to research this to know for sure, but if the wiring is there, you could just buy heated mirrors from the dealer and plug them in... but then you need the switch (i think...never needed heated mirrors in socal or AZ) Honestly, its probably more trouble than its worth.

no idea on the fast pass thing... If you're going to keep it for a long time, just superglue it I guess. ??

You can buy touch up paint at the dealer.

Power for the heated mirrors MAY be already ran to your mirrors (a lot of auto manufactures will run wires in all cars regardless of options to cut costs). You may have to research this to know for sure, but if the wiring is there, you could just buy heated mirrors from the dealer and plug them in... but then you need the switch (i think...never needed heated mirrors in socal or AZ) Honestly, its probably more trouble than its worth.

no idea on the fast pass thing... If you're going to keep it for a long time, just superglue it I guess. ??

It's not "more trouble than its worth". Heated mirror are awesome, simply, awesome when living up north.

Thanks for the input all :) Ill have to take a look if the wires are there before winter gets here :)

It's not "more trouble than its worth". Heated mirror are awesome, simply, awesome when living up north.

If they're that awesome, they should be bought with the car, not retro fitted afterward. IMO

Alot of cars in Canada come with them.
If you've ever driven up north (I'm from Minnesota) you would appreciate them.
In fact, alot of my friends have had mirrors sent from the dealers for their cars. I'm the only one with the CX-5 and I'm in VA so no need for them.. yet.

As for the EZPASS, I've seen a few people in New Jersey with a bracket that they have mounted to the post on their rear view mirror. No idea where they got it though. I just keep a bunch of quarters in my car for tolls. Though the tellers on the NJP hate me for it :)

im actually putting quarters on the side now for parking meters :) My EZPass fell again, sticky glue left in the windshield. I think im going to take it out and just get the ones with the suction cups, i think its much cleaner.

here in NYC, heated side mirrors will be nice during the winter time, but if your a bit on the southern states, I would rather have a wipers on the side mirror.

Back