Those with cloth interior......

Hellcat6

:
2013 CX5 Touring, Zeal Red
Did anyone use Scotchguard or other related product on your new coth interior? If so, please relate your experience and if you think this will really help. Any issues or recommendations?

Thanks!

This is my first car with cloth (and wow do I love it) but I did not scotch guard or anything because the cloth feels way more durable than any of that cracking, sticky "pleather" I'm used too. I expect this to hold up much longer than anything else I've had.

I've never scotch guarded a car, and never had a stain that couldn't be taken out with my carpet shampooer. But I don't have kids, and its not like I'm spilling double-gulps all over the place.

If you think you need it, it couldn't hurt to buy a can and spray it down. I think everyone should think about it if they have the light colored interior, that looks like it would show everything.

We're going to invest in an upholstery spot cleaner. Food/drinks and dirt break down fibers if untreated. Avoiding food/drinks with occasional vacuuming and spot cleaning should keep seats looking new for years to come.

I bought a can of Scotch Guard Auto for $10. One can covered all the seats for me. I've used it in the past and it is helpful.

My last car was leather and I attempted to get the GT for the leather, but couldn't find one, so I settled for the touring model. I've been super happy with the cloth so far. I live in Alabama and I'm realizing just how hot those previous leather seats I had were...

Latest posts

Back