iPod Controls

elmarto

:
Tribute 2006 -> Soon CX-5!
I couldn't find anything about that in the user manual, so I thought I'd ask here. Does anyone know of a faster way to scroll through your music on a USB-connected iPod Classic (160GB) in the CX-5? The thing is, because the system takes control of the iPod, you can't use its interface to navigate through hundreds of artists. You need to use the CX-5's touch screen for that and it always starts over at A. And then the [arrow down] button scrolls page by page of only like 8 or 10 items at a time. I am not looking forward to the day I will want to listen to XTC...

I couldn't find anything about that in the user manual, so I thought I'd ask here. Does anyone know of a faster way to scroll through your music on a USB-connected iPod Classic (160GB) in the CX-5? The thing is, because the system takes control of the iPod, you can't use its interface to navigate through hundreds of artists. You need to use the CX-5's touch screen for that and it always starts over at A. And then the [arrow down] button scrolls page by page of only like 8 or 10 items at a time. I am not looking forward to the day I will want to listen to XTC...

Not sure there is :( I always disconnect my ipod, start playing what I want on there, and plug it back in. Sucks, but yeah

Just got the 2013 CX5 Touring because the 2014 wouldn't work with my 160GB iPod, when testing it out at the dealer it would just say "Reading iPod" forever. Anyway, the inability to quickly scroll through the artists is my #1 complaint. In my wife's Prius you have buttons on the the screen like ABC, DEF, GHI...that you can press to get you to the letter. Pressing the the GHI button three times would take you directly to "I". The CX5 has that when going through the phone's contact list so it's not like the engineers didn't think of that.

I find the IPOD function extremely frustrating compared to other brands. I have CX5 -t package and when you turn on your IPOD, it starts on the same song every time. If you go to FM then back to IPOD, your songs are no longer there. My dealer told me you have to go to FM to bluetooth and then IPOD (which does work). This is ridiculous! If you get out of your car for lets say an hour, come back in and start your IPOD, again, it goes back to that very first song. Anyone else finding this madness???

I find the IPOD function extremely frustrating compared to other brands. I have CX5 -t package and when you turn on your IPOD, it starts on the same song every time. If you go to FM then back to IPOD, your songs are no longer there. My dealer told me you have to go to FM to bluetooth and then IPOD (which does work). This is ridiculous! If you get out of your car for lets say an hour, come back in and start your IPOD, again, it goes back to that very first song. Anyone else finding this madness???
There are multiple threads on this very topic here. It does suck and Mazda is full of crap for trying to tell us it is normal because the system is designed to work that way.

I have CX5 -t package and when you turn on your IPOD, it starts on the same song every time.
I thought that issue was exclusive to the 2014 MY (2012 and 2013 worked normally) but your profile says you have a 2015 CX-5. I didn't think the 2015's were available yet (and would assume the issue would be corrected in late 2014 production).

Last edited:
Back