Do standard side windows provide UVA and UVB protection?

mclark999

:
2013 CX-5 Sport AWD Automatic
Does the side glass in the CX-5 have UVA and UVB protection? I don't want to tint my driver side window at all, but I would like built in sunscreen. I know I can have a film added that provides UVA and UVB protection with no tint, but don't want to if its already there.

I have that on my windshield...it's 70% tint, and does block UVA and UVB. The side glass probably doesn't have that, unless there is a film, and I doubt that. but who knows? I've been wrong before.

Does the side glass in the CX-5 have UVA and UVB protection? I don't want to tint my driver side window at all, but I would like built in sunscreen. I know I can have a film added that provides UVA and UVB protection with no tint, but don't want to if its already there.

glass absorbs UVB rays. you don't need any tint to filter UVB. UVA can still get through, but UVB is what is most harmful to the skin. Google glass absorbing UV light and you'll be able to read more in depth about it.

Just over the door handle on my GT the front glass has the info & protection in a light color stamp...

I just got my front two windows tinted and the tint guy said that the other windows are tinted, but do not have UV protection. He told me to look at each of the glass windows and it should say UV on the stamp, so I go look and only the front two windows have the UV stamp.

What I think is that the front two windows say UV because they have a UV film, but the other windows are tinted and they have UV protection with the tint. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Back