Pre-cut tailight tints for Mazda CX-5

mike786

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ out Tech Package
Does anyone know anybody who sells nice pre-cut tint overlay for the Mazda CX-5 tailights? I got a black car and i think it would look pretty nice to black out the tailights. I know they sell like a non pre cut film but im looking for pre-cut easy install

yeah i just ordered a non pre-cut film on ebay for $20 bucks im gonna install it hopefully on friday ill post some pics. It should look pretty good on a black car right?

The all black out looks good.... on some cars. I think the CX-5 will be one of those cars.
Are you going to cut out the area for the reverse light?
You going to Plasti-Dip your wheels too?

The all black out looks good.... on some cars. I think the CX-5 will be one of those cars.
Are you going to cut out the area for the reverse light?
You going to Plasti-Dip your wheels too?

Im not sure ... I think it would look better if i tinted the whole thing.
what do you think?

Nah Plasti-Dip looks kinda cheap to me but im thinking in a few months to powdercoat my stock 19" rims GLOSS BLACK

Last edited:
I'm always concerned about light when I reverse. As long as people know your backing up, and you can still see with what little white light is distributed, then go for it I suppose.

ALL DONE. TOOK FOREVER TO INSTALL! I DON'T RECOMMEND TO DO IT ON YOUR OWN IF YOUR NOT GOOD WITH INSTALLING SCREEN PROTECTORS OR STUFF LIKE THIS. I SAY IT TOOK ME ABOUT 2 HOURS IN TOTAL TO INSTALL. THERE ARE STILL SOME MINOR BUBBLES VISIBLE RIGHT NOW WHEN YOUR CLOSE UP BUT I THINK IN A COUPLE OF DAYS THE FILM SHOULD SETTLE AND BUBBLES WILL BE GONE.

I ORDERED 2 OF THESE https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) from ebay. Came in super fast shipping only 3 days.

BEFORE:

35bgv1j.png

vkl6q.png

AFTER (i know it only looks like the left side is tinted, but both sides are tinted. The sun was coming in from the right side and there was shade on the left, that is why it looks like that) :

t06aue.png

ipcub5.png

16k6hcn.png

Let me know what you guys think?

A lot lighter than I thought it would be.
A little smoke effect.

Looks good IMO.

Surprised it took so long to do though.

A lot lighter than I thought it would be.
A little smoke effect.

Looks good IMO.

Surprised it took so long to do though.

Yeah i thought it would be a lot darker too. IMO U CANT EVEN TELL THAT I TINTED IT UNLESS I TOLD U THAT I DID. I don't think the film i ordered was very high quality. I ordered 20% and that is definitely not 20% tint. It was very thick and gluey. U get what u pay i guess. I woke up this morning to see even more bubbles and it peeling off and stuff. I am thinking about taking it off and ordering like a thinner more high quality one for like $35 instead of the $15 i paid. I guess all that work went to waste yesterday.

Nah, think of it as you learned how to do it.
Now you can do it for your friends.

Be my friend?

Maybe skip the ebay stuff and get something quality that will last?

Nicely tinted lens by Mike786. The advantage of this kind of tint job is that it will not get attention of cops.

Nice tails man!
Very nice improvement over attempt 1.

Are you going to black out the Mazda logo too? Might block bad ass.. I dunno.

Where did you order the tail light tint from. Looks good. Mine's black too and the tail lights stand out too much for my liking, was waiting for accesories to start to be released, but i think I found the fix.

Back