News on CX-5 Dash Kit?

skeptic

:
CX-5 Touring w/ Bose Package
Hey All,

I have contacted Scosche and Metra since April about a dash kit for the CX-5. They have yet to set a date for when one would be released. Back in May, Scosche told me late July-Early August. I called today to confirm today and now they are saying end of year. Does anyone know of any other manufacturer or company that can make one? I want my AVH-P8400BH installed :(!

Thanks and Much Appreciated,
Skeptic

Last edited:
yep... that's me,.... easily confused .

I too would like to know about the "other" Dash Kit. .... the one that would allow for a clean install of an aftermarket head unit. I removed the factory radio in my VW Rabbit, w/ good results.

Ya guys thanks for all the posts, but just like nizzy 1115 and xsproutx said, I am looking to fit an aftermarket radio into the CX-5. If anything, I would need the railings, then I could rig up a cover for it. But anyone else got news on it?

Ya guys thanks for all the posts, but just like nizzy 1115 and xsproutx said, I am looking to fit an aftermarket radio into the CX-5. If anything, I would need the railings, then I could rig up a cover for it. But anyone else got news on it?

I haven't found one and metra and schocshe will be the first to have one probably. With that said, I bought the Clarion double-din retrofit kit and a couple sheets of ABS and am going to try and fabricate something that looks nice this weekend. I'll post pictures/instructions if the results come out decent!!!

I haven't found one and metra and schocshe will be the first to have one probably. With that said, I bought the Clarion double-din retrofit kit and a couple sheets of ABS and am going to try and fabricate something that looks nice this weekend. I'll post pictures/instructions if the results come out decent!!!

Could you please post links to both products.

i thought it might be possible to buy a cx-7 or cx-9 most recent kit and hope the railings would match and try to use them? :/

I just installed one and it is pretty much a pain. None of the brackets (JVC) fit the radio to the proper depth and the plastic trim piece is designed so that the radio has to be at an upward facing angle to properly cover the entire hole with an ABS sheet. The problem I had was that we could not get the proper angle because the rear of the radio was hitting a bracket. I did the best I could but it certainly does not look professionally installed.
I will love it when some one finally comes out with a kit.

On a positive note, the wife surely does love watch netflix on it though and I love the Motion X

I just installed one and it is pretty much a pain. None of the brackets (JVC) fit the radio to the proper depth and the plastic trim piece is designed so that the radio has to be at an upward facing angle to properly cover the entire hole with an ABS sheet. The problem I had was that we could not get the proper angle because the rear of the radio was hitting a bracket. I did the best I could but it certainly does not look professionally installed.
I will love it when some one finally comes out with a kit.

On a positive note, the wife surely does love watch netflix on it though and I love the Motion X

Mind sharing a picture? I understand it's not perfect, but I'd still like to see just to see how you did it

Just so everyone knows, I placed an order with autotoys right when it was listed there, pretty much. I emailed them to ask if it was actually in stock or just listed in anticipation of getting it in stock and they told me they had them. Then today, they emailed me and told me they were sold out and I could cancel my order if I want (they have no ETA on when they'll have them "again"). I think they probably just listed them and don't actually have them in stock, which there's nothing really wrong with, but just giving you guys a heads up.
Has anyone found a retailer that has them?

Just so everyone knows, I placed an order with autotoys right when it was listed there, pretty much. I emailed them to ask if it was actually in stock or just listed in anticipation of getting it in stock and they told me they had them. Then today, they emailed me and told me they were sold out and I could cancel my order if I want (they have no ETA on when they'll have them "again"). I think they probably just listed them and don't actually have them in stock, which there's nothing really wrong with, but just giving you guys a heads up.
Has anyone found a retailer that has them?

I talked to Metra today and they said two more weeks before anyone has them. They are in fabrication now and no one has them.

I talked to Metra today and they said two more weeks before anyone has them. They are in fabrication now and no one has them.

Yep, talked to a Metra rep today who said the same, which is what I figured. Just upset that the other company specifically said they had them in stock and had actually shipped them; it was the only reason I paid their high shipping and handling. I would've understood if they had told me they weren't in stock just yet and would have kept my order open; I just don't like being lied to

Back