What about the 2013 Ford Escape?

ADVWannabe

:
Ford Ranger
I had my mind set on the CX5 for next year but I see Ford is redoing the Escape from ground up. It seems pretty similar to the Mazda, but just now starting to compare them. Will have to get a brochure for each and look at them in person to make up my mind though. Just wondering if anyone has done any comparisons yet?

There are several posts about it. Basic outcome - escape looks ungly and like a space ship inside and gets worse than promised gas milage. The milage most of us get in the cx5 far out does the promised values by mazda. It really is remarkable.

It's a no brainer, Look its a Ford. I know you U.S guys might think they're bees knees but com on guys, Its a Ford.....say no more. Mazda all the way.

A) This new ford escape is the best SUV from this planet.

B) Mazda CX5 is from another planet. (sun)

It seems pretty similar to the Mazda

In my opinion, besides being in the same class, in no way is it similar to the CX-5 appearance wise, economic wise, comfort wise. Very ugly design, what is up with that front grille. Put the Ford Escape front and the Honda CRV back and you would have a car more hideous than the Pontiac Aztec.

Every single person I know who has purchased a non truck, non focus Ford has regretted the purchase. Not only from the quality of vehicles point of view, but from the dealership and Ford Canada. The consensus I get is they really don't care about customer satisfaction.

it has one really cool feature if you get the top model. The 'smart key' type entry system if you have the key and you walk up to the rear hatch with your hands full all you have to do is wave your foot under the rear bumper and the hatch opens all the way up. Power hatches always seemed silly to me but that is a really great idea.

kudos to Ford for listening to that employee. That is one of those things where I went 'why didn't someone think of that sooner' when I read it.

Actually, there has been some very positive comments about the Escape. The mileage should be reflect the advertised if the vehicles are driven the same since the advertised mileage is a standard driving profile. I would certainly look at and drive both vehicles before deciding to spend new car money. You are buying the car for yourself and not to please others. Ed

I agree with Ed.

The Escape is a more pricey but more techy version of the CX-5. Both are running off brand new engines and transmissions (except if you get the base Escape with the 2.5) so reliability and durability is somewhat equally unknown. Drive both and see.

Mike

It's a no brainer, Look its a Ford. I know you U.S guys might think they're bees knees but com on guys, Its a Ford.....say no more. Mazda all the way.

I'm in the US and completely agree with you. I'll also say everything that GM craps out is garbage too, and Chrysler is even worse.

The biggest difference is when you drive either car off the lot.
The Mazda will have a better residual value.

I've driven new Escape and it should be considered by drivers along with CX-5. Caution is advised regarding Ford's recent product launches (refer to 2011 Explorer owner experiences as evidence).

Wow. That puppy is 'spensive. And you still just get a freakin' fugly Ford. Still, someone's gotta support our auto industry, so yeah, buy it :)

My girlfriend'd 2011 Escape has 8k miles and is in the shop for the second time for transmisison issues. She is very good about noticing problems and contacting the dealer immediatly. I know this doesn't carry over to the new Escape's engine and I'm unsure if they've redone the tranny, but still, you don't expect to take in a new vehicle for a while. I love my country and the products we make, but it seems silly to ignore other brand's reliability. I'm loving my Mazda just like I loved my Subaru before that and Nissan before that and Honda before that....

I won't be buying American vehicles possibly forever....we'll see how these last few models pan out regarding reliability. Now...if I made as much money as the beiber...bieber? beeber?...I'd drive anything I wanted!

To be fair, the 2013 Escape looks good to me. It's aggressive looking! I chose CX-5 due to better reliability. Not sure how well a Ford Turbo engine will hold up for the long term.

I'm in the US and completely agree with you. I'll also say everything that GM craps out is garbage too, and Chrysler is even worse.

I'm not sure about the US but as far as Canada goes, GM currently has a 60 day full money back gaurantee. At least one of these companies is trying to give buyers some confidence when buying domestic. I'm tempted to grab a free Camaro for the summer lol.

I'm not sure about the US but as far as Canada goes, GM currently has a 60 day full money back gaurantee. At least one of these companies is trying to give buyers some confidence when buying domestic. I'm tempted to grab a free Camaro for the summer lol.

Yeah, they just rolled that out here. I thought about getting a 59 day "rental" ZR1, but knowing how shady dealers are, they'll probably find some way into not taking back the car. The last time they did this, only ONE person returned their car.. they took back a vette with a 6speed and got an automatic. I can't believe that one one else tried to return their car under that program.

Back