Carbon Fiber

awmenard

:
Mazda cx5
Hey all,

Just wondering if anybody else as taught about covering all the black molding(lower front bumper,side skirts &rear bumper) on their CX5 with carbon fiber.

Either with vinyl film or water printing.

I'm thinking of doing so, I think this could look really nice, especially on the white model.

Please share your taughts and comments.

I have not thought about it, but would love to see 3M carbon film on it. I think it would look great! the front bumper would be a pain to do ....

I've thought about doing SOMETHING with this stuff. The exterior plastic is one of the biggest misses of all on this vehicle. It looks soooooo cheap it drags the entire thing downscale with it. But I'm afraid anything I do would look "aftermarket". It is what it is. Volvo managed to make it look good on their vehicles, and it looked great on the Minagi concept, but they found a way to screw it up on the final product.

Hmmmm I'm getting ideas.

ca419_2602_large.jpeg

I have a sheet of the white CF Vinyl comming.
Ordered a bunch of samples. 4"x8", were 1.99 each or something.
Just enough to play with.

I have the Black Carbon Fiber vinyl by 3M on my roof. I was trying to get a good picture of it, but my camera was not cooperating and all my pics came out fuzzy.
Will try to take a new pic this week.

Got my samples in th email yesterday. Turns out I ordered black CF fabric vice the vinyl! LOL.
The other vinyl was good though.
I really like the white CF and the brushed black.
Dissapointed with the wood stuff. I'll play around in the interior some, hopefully today and see what happens.

Back