armrest on door---

dsonyay62

:
2013 CX-5 Touring, FWD, Tech Package, fog lights, Bose, Moonroof
We have a black interior in our CX-5 Touring. I'm thinking the armrest on the drivers door will not hold up well after a few years. I can't imagine how you guys with the lighter color will have any chance of keeping this spot nice and clean.

To me, the main problem is at the very edges of the armrest. The material and cushioning is very thin and at that spot; it seems like it may wear fast at this point. I don't think I'll have problems keeping it clean being as it's black, but I'm hoping the material is more durable than it looks.

Has anyone noticed this spot?

Yeah, I have the sport with black interior and I am also skeptical about that armrest. Would have been better if it was partially, or fully, covered in the same soft touch plastic as the dash/middle-armrest.

yeah, the edge of it worries me that it will wear more there since it is more solid behind it. It also isn't comfortable if your elbow ends up resting on the edge.

Yeah, I have the sport with black interior and I am also skeptical about that armrest. Would have been better if it was partially, or fully, covered in the same soft touch plastic as the dash/middle-armrest.

That's exactly whaT I thought when I drove my car first time. The middle armrest material would have been great.

I've had the car two weeks and it's already looking pretty mungy. Regardless of how it wears it's going to need constant cleaning. Oh well.

Is this just an issue with the non leather interior? The leather interior seems to have good padding on the armrest.

Glad to find a post on this, I looked at mine the other day and the same thought occurred to me. Doesn't look like it's going to hold up very well at all. I guess warranty will cover it though...hopefully.

Glad to find a post on this, I looked at mine the other day and the same thought occurred to me. Doesn't look like it's going to hold up very well at all. I guess warranty will cover it though...hopefully.
I'm just resolved to clean it carefully with a nylon brush and upholstery cleaner once a month and hope for the best!

no wear problems on mine (leather interior, vinyl armrest) and I've got the seat and steering wheel adjusted to where I don't feel the edge on it.

Back