Purpose of the small cubby/storage space next to steering wheel?

GreyRhino

:
2013 CX-5 FWD GT w/o Tech
What is the purpose of the little cubby on the left side of the steering wheel? Does anyone use this small space for anything in particular? It's too small to fit pretty much anything but small items like keys, but I don't think they'd make this space specifically to store keys so.... any ideas?

That is where the MAZDA GPS module goes... Yes it is nearly useless as a cubby, they should have made it deeper...

Like mazdadude said that spot changes out for the GPS module for the Navigation. But, even my 06 Mazda 3 has the same cubby so that's not the only reason they put it there seems they just want you to have something to put your change in I guess. However, I find when I put my change in there it's hard to get it out in a hurry in a drive thru.

Now that little space has a purpose

CX5 cubby.jpg How I converted that opening to something useful,also great location for a flashlight

Ugh, you get the cubby when you have gps? Cuz I have it. It is a dumb little useless thing I'll have to cad up something useful and print it out. Pop that thing out and put something else in.

I'll put it up somewhere when I'm done. Now what to do. Make it for change? iPhone dock? Just add a lip to the thing so whatever stays?

Back