Aftermarket GPS Placement / Seat Covers / Removing Rear Seat

:
2013 CX-5 Sport-manual
A few minor things I've done.....

Not wanting to pay big bucks for the NAV package, ...... since I only use a GPS for road trips.... this (see pic) was my solution... That GPS is a Magellan model 1700 (big screen for my old eyes... ) That model GPS also has a video input, if the passenger wanted to view a DVD, for example.

Since all the kids have moved out, I don't have passengers in the rear,.... and I wanted the fold down seats to lay flat.... this was my solution (see pics )-- this also gives you some storage area for various things. I had some PVC fence pieces laying around, and I used those to hold up the rear seats (when lowered down) to give a flat back area. The rear seat comes out, by removing four bolts..... the bolts are located under some removable trim pieces. I also acquired some carpet, to lay in the back area.... to protect the "factory carpet".

Also.... I couldn't figure out what that small storage pocket was for, ....to the left of the steering wheel, .... so... I put a LED "head-lamp" in the hole..... now it lights up the area near the fuse panel....

Seat covers: I found, on Amazon, a very good deal on some seat covers ($20 for two ), and by adding the steering wheel cover, ($6), I got the "super-saver free shipping". ( over $25 purchase, on Amazon, you often get free shipping ) --- see pics

Someone on here posted a thread called: "A place for the Garmin" (by Hellcat6)... that post is now gone (I can't find it).... so, if HellCat6 sees this post.... I have a question about the Mountek CD slot universal mount. (for a GPS or phone)..... since this mount seems to swivel.... I'm wondering if it will hold my Magellan 1700 model GPS..... by gripping it at the top and bottom, instead of the sides of the GPS. If the Montek unit will open up 4 inches,..... and swivels..... it should work. (my GPS is 4 inches tall, and about 7 inches wide )

Attachments

• Mazda interior sm.JPG
    Mazda interior sm.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,302
  • Mazda rear view sm.JPG
    Mazda rear view sm.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,349
  • Mazda storage under seat sm.JPG
    Mazda storage under seat sm.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 764
Caribou,

The Garmin post is still in the Accessories and Appearance section, I just checked. Can't help with the Mountek as that was added by other posters. My research on Amazon shows some folks saying it won't hold a 5 inch Garmin but waiting for others to reply with their experience, hope it works as I like that idea. Clever mods! I think the pocket you have is where the TomTom memory card reader mounts, don't have my car yet so not positive.

I want to do some customization on my 2014 CX-5 and I'm looking for a replacement for the little cubby that this thread is talking about. I've seen the little wallet holder insert that is being sold, but i'd rather turn this into a panel so i can install https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and have the USB cables going to my GPS and phone in a more manageable spot. Anyone know where i could find the blank so i can make this happen? I'm really hoping i don't have to try to fabricate something. I'm not great at that.

-Dave

Back