Wheel Spacers

bushidoboy

:
CX-5 GT
Anyone thinking of putting on wheel spacers on the CX-5? I got the stock 19" rims and they are not as wide as I hoped to give the car a more "stalky" or beefy look. One option is to just buy after market rims, but I got good rims, so thought spacers was a cheaper choice. I seen on other posts about the spacers and websites, just wondering if anyone did it or gonna do it to the CX

Why would u want to change millions of dollars worth of engineering on one of the best designed suv suspensions?

^sigh...

you can so long as you have 5 FULL turns of the lugs... try a 5mm and if that won't work, try a 3mm...

Why would u want to change millions of dollars worth of engineering on one of the best designed suv suspensions?

So you are saying the wheel spacers effect the suspension? How much so? Is there a sight that states the specs that it may change it?

So you are saying the wheel spacers effect the suspension? How much so? Is there a sight that states the specs that it may change it?

Whenever you move the wheels out, it uses more leverage to compress the suspension, and could decrease turning radius. But the minimum amount that you are talking about, you won't notice anything.

^ it actually takes less leverage... with spacers you have a longer lever arm...

It has more leverage, which takes less force to move the shock/spring.

I think we are talking about the same thing in two different ways.

Anyone thinking of putting on wheel spacers on the CX-5? I got the stock 19" rims and they are not as wide as I hoped to give the car a more "stalky" or beefy look. One option is to just buy after market rims, but I got good rims, so thought spacers was a cheaper choice. I seen on other posts about the spacers and websites, just wondering if anyone did it or gonna do it to the CX

We have H&R wheel spacers on our project CX-5. I just posted the product listing today: http://www.corksport.com/h-and-r-trak-wheel-spacers-25mm.html

A 5mm spacer is a simple and effective way to help the stance of any vehicle. Just make sure there's plenty of stud left to tighten the lug onto.

No issue with rubbing. the spacer is blocking the tire sensor which caused the tire sensor light to come on, but we have checked it several times now, and no problems.

So what's the solution for tire sensor light (since nobody wants that on for no valid reason)?

If the wheel speed sensor does not read correctly, it is a big problem. You loose ABS, TCS, DSC, TPMS and probably a few other things...

If the wheel speed sensor does not read correctly, it is a big problem. You loose ABS, TCS, DSC, TPMS and probably a few other things...

Assuming that same wheel speed sensor is feeding all those systems (is that the case?), that would be a bigger problem. Other warning lights besides TPMS would light too.

Last edited:
Assuming that same wheel speed sensor is feeding all those systems (is that the case?), that would be a bigger problem. Other warning lights besides TPMS would light too.

Not sure what speed sensor the first poster was talking about. I have read that one wheel speed sensor feeds all, looking at the wheel, I see only one sensor. Stability control uses the braking system so he has to know wheel speed to do his job, so does TCS. Also if a 4 wheel drive, the lock up clutch needs wheel speed input. If you block all 4 sensors the computer will not know the wheels are turning and may not light up the other systems in error(?) Take a look at the second bullet at:
http://www.royalpalmmazda.com/truly-revolutionary.aspx

Yep, who knows for sure. Unlikely that if other systems fail, no warning lights would light. Separate warning lights do exist on CX-5 for the other systems for safety reasons.

Back to original question on TPMS and spacers, how was that solved? Nobody wants that light on constantly for no reason.

Last edited:
i hope corksport could chime in on this. i really want spacers to flush the wheels. i don't really want aftermarket wheels. the OEM looks good enough for me.

Status of the 25m spacer and TPM light?....

Anybody running this spacer (about 1", that's some big spacer)

Back