Bluetooth Auto Play Music on Android

krazyflipj

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Just picked up my CX-5 the other day. I noticed when i pair my android phone and click audio, it automatically plays my music from my phone. any way to turn this feature off?

thats weird, mine doesn't do that

but even though on the phone and the car i deselect the music player option in bluetooth, it still connects that mode everytime i start car...

I've been seeing that as well. If I cut Pandora off before I cut the car off, it starts playing my MP3's on my phone automatically. Haven't found a fix, it doesn't work that well with Android, just how it is , as far as I have seen.

my galaxy S2 phone will only connect as media audio and not as phone audio - i have to manually toggle it and after about a minute it might connect and work.

after reading a bit about this issue, i thinks it is about time someone will say it out loud : the car BT device is NOT WORKING PROPERLY. i have other multimedia with BT screens in my other cars from Kenwood and Pioneer, and few phones, and there is NO ISSUE there whatsoever !

MAZDA should come up with a solution. this is a defective low grade device.

excellent news !!!! few days ago i got a software update through FOTA for the S3 that seem to solve the issue completely. my phone is no seamlessly connecting to the Mazda BT set, and stays connected/ wow, what a true relief !! i was so frustrated with this thing .

the fault was on the Android side all this time....

On my CX-5, every time I start the car I have to go through Phone Setup and Add Bluetooth Phone and Audio...then press Done. It automatically recognizes the phone but does not turn on the features (Music and Phone). Is this standard behavior?

To stay on topic, my phone also begins playing music as soon as the bluetooth is paired. I then have to go into the phone or through the CX-5 screens to turn off the music. My phone is a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate.

I actually like to cut off the Phone part, but I don't talk on the phone much in the car, and I hate it when people talk to me through their car, so I avoid it. Haven't seen the problem with having to manually connect every time, it just jumps on. I'm on Android 3.2 I think. old phone, no future updates planned because my provider sucks.

the music thing...continues. I attempt to keep it on a song I can actually "explain" when it blares out in my garage at work....that day it started busting out some death metal, I got some looks.

i dont use the bluetooth for audio on my phone, but i think the audio portion is screwing up the phone connection, because i keep having to remove and repair the phone because eventually the car will only see it as audio source (which i never use) instead of phone

wish there was a way to perminantely disable bluetooth for audio streaming. my phone has no other problems connecting to bluetooth devices, whether its my computer, a couple different headsets (stereo and mono) my tablet, a bluetooth obdII connector, just the car....

Back