Keeping the fabric armrests and dash touchscreen clean.

WorkingAuthor

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hi everyone,

Just joined today. Bought my CX-5 Touring last week and since it's the first brand new car I've ever purchased, I'm intent on keeping the car looking great for as long as possible.

What does everyone use to keep the touchscreen clean? I don't like seeing the spots on the screen from where I press the buttons. Should I just use a cloth and some water? Or just a cloth? Or is there a special solvent for this?

Also, I'm worried that the fabric on the interior of the door will begin to pick up grime from resting my arm on the armrest too often. Also, have the same worries about the interior handle because it's covered in fabric and is a high-use part. Anybody doing anything special to protect this part?

I'm considering driving with gloves, but I also don't want to look pretentious and I'm not sure how well the touchscreen will work with gloves.

Any thoughts?

I use a lint free cloth for the touchscreen- like the ones commonly used for lcd tv or glasses. Works really well.

I have a black interior and not very concerned about the armrests..
Light colors will be tough to keep clean over the years... the oil on your arms will gradually darken it I think. This is why I like to stay with black interiors in a car.

A damp cloth with a very mild detergent should be ok.... check the owner's manual on interior maintenance- that's where I'd start. I saw this information in there when I was reading the manual the other day.

Check out section 6 of the owner manual.. 6-61 specifically.
You may want to try to make some sort of cover for the armrest and areas where you feel will be hard to keep clean.
I've seen people keep a folded towel over their center armrests to keep it from wearing. May want to try that.

I forgot to say welcome to the forum. I'm new too.

Back