How fragile is the carpet?

katmar

:
16 CX-5 GT and 13 CX-5 Touring AWD
I've read a number of people mention that the carpeting looks thin or "cheap," so I'm curious if any of you have experienced actual problems because of that?

Tearing, pulling up, abnormal wear, etc.?

Is it thin throughout the vehicle, or just a few areas?

The floor mats arent plush like a bmw but they are ok. Probably will wear out after 5 or 6 years. Not that big of a deal, people are being picky.

No problems noticed with carpet in first 3+ months. Most of us have factory mats covering areas that might wear the fastest if uncovered.

The carpet itself without mats is crap this is true, compared to my other cars it is thinner and cheaper feeling but it's not a selling point in my opinion. Not like you're going to be walking back and forth from passenger to driver sides, unless you're a lunatic. I replaced the OEM carpet with the CX-5 All weather mats that look great and feel great as well.

Is it the actual carpeting (the covering stuck to the floor throughout the vehicle that can't be removed) that seems thin, or the floor mats (the things like door mats for a house you can replace, remove, etc.) themselves?

Yes, I was referring to the actual carpeting and not the mats :)

Back