Things we love about our CX-5's

nyctravis

:
2013 CX-5 Touring AWD w/ Bose/Moonroof pkg
I'm starting this thread as an antidote to the complaint thread. :)

What do you love about your CX-5? Here are some of mine:

Great value/price
Excellent mpg
Sporty design
Great handling
Top IIHS ratings
Mazda's high reliability ratings

Last edited:
Great price
Great MPG
Sporty design
Top IIHS ratings
Touchscreen w/ HD&Nav
It can tow
AC so good it blows snow
TPMS/BSM
Backup Camera
Push button start

Last edited:
2013 model as opposed to buying 2012
Very well designed Exterior absolute beauty, not girly like Rogue, not for the elderly like CRV
Comfortable Stylish Leather interior
Easy to use Advanced Keyless Entry (just walk away and everything locks and alarm is set)
Tom Tom Navigation (I'm a longtime TomTom user so this was nochange for me)
Push Button Start
Rear View Camera (Standard!)
High Crash Safety ratings
Bi-Xenon HID with Adaptive Front Lighting (I absolutely love this feature)
Full Power Heated seats for the cold winters
Sunglasses holder (my wife loves this of all things lol)
Dash layout and Speedometer layout is very stylish
19" wheels that really stand out and make the CX-5 look like a beast

I agree on the AC, I had some friends in the car the other day and when I turned on the AC one said, 'well, your AC certainly works'!

My wife loves the AC on this car. It used to blow on my 2004 3 and wasn't all that great on our honda civic.

*Non-Hybrid Rev-happy engine combined with tight handling
*Six speed MT
*I can actually USE the entire powerband on real roads (too many cars are overpowered for the real world)
*Excellent compromise of available power and mpg (so many big engines have rarely used HP in spades but b/c of of big displacement they are so thirsty)

living in FL...the AC rocks. the 3 that I had (2008) had the "known" issue of the AC dying when traveling at high speeds in high temp...it just froze. Typically only happened in 3+ hr of driving with 95+ Temps...the "best" time to not have AC...anyway..

handling
MPG
safety
BSM/Rear Camera
space
looks
MPG (did I already put this one in?)
comfort (AC, Seats, Everything)
the "what kind of car is that" effect...

honestly, I thought I'd never get rid of the 3's....loved them. but when I saw this with BETTER gas mileage than my 08, I could finally get a car that had space and didn't chug gas.

now I just need a "fun" car for the weekends...perhaps I can convince my insurer that I'm not joking when I ask about Speed3's...

Have you tried towing something with it? I'm curiousy cause some people had concern that it couldn't pull off what it advertised it could do.

I tow my jet ski to and from the lake. Jet ski is 450 lbs and the trailer is like 250 or 300 lbs. So total is 700-750 lbs. Tow rating is 2000 lbs. It tows it fine. I don't even notice it's there. (as far as braking and acceleration are concerned)

Awesome Handling: my last Toyota had to be upgraded to do the things the CX5 does stock, like comfortably taking off-ramps at 20mph higher than the suggested speeds.
Awesome Braking: absolutely confidence inspiring the way this thing brakes smoothly and in short distances.
Skyactiv Engine: its an absolute gem, forget what the magazine reviews say, with the 6spd manual the engine's power band is usable and comfortable for any driving situation short of a racetrack, and the mileage is exceptional in a car this size without an expensive & heavy hybrid system.

Very well designed Exterior absolute beauty, not girly like Rogue, not for the elderly like CRV

Haha...this is the exact reason I picked this car. Also considered the Subaru Forester, but it doesn't look as good and feels soo technologically outdated.

I tow my jet ski to and from the lake. Jet ski is 450 lbs and the trailer is like 250 or 300 lbs. So total is 700-750 lbs. Tow rating is 2000 lbs. It tows it fine. I don't even notice it's there. (as far as braking and acceleration are concerned)

This is really good to know...

Excellent maneuverability/turning radius.
MPG
Clean interior
Great use of space
Handling ability
Looks better than anything else in this segment IMO
Good bang for the buck

MPG - best in class mileage for awd compact SUV
Value-competitive/attractive price
Handling/ride combo
Auto tranny w/BMW-like manual mode
Near premium car-like leather interior
Near premium car-like lux features
Styling-both exterior and interior well above average for this class
Reliability (zero defects in first 5000 miles)

Is not a Toyota
Great MPG (32mpg average with the first two tanks)
Simple interior (I dont need to pull out the Owners Manual to figure out how to setup the radio or the A/C)
Great price considering all the features it came with
And of course great handling.

I love this car. It has a fabulous manual shifter! Love the handling, love the gas economy and the space. It is a very easy car to use. My hubby is jealous!

+1 @ Not many of them on a roads. I haven't seen another one on the road yet.
Great MPG
Uses 87 Gas
Love the minimal interior & dash
Seats are comfortable and supportive
Price was reasonable
Like the aggressive design - doesn't feel outdated
Love having a 2013 car

Back