CX-9 Liftgate just beeps

FrankieFiggs

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD
CX-9 Auto Liftgate wont open or close

Hey everyone. This is my first post on the forum but I have used it for research many times over the years. Well I have a problem with the liftgate on my 2007 CX-9 and cannot find a solution ANYWHERE. Here's the deal. A few months ago, the gate was closed with a towel or something in the way. When my wife went to open it, she could not. She decided to try to pry it open with a flathead screwdriver. I don't know if she damaged the latch or something else to do with the opening mechanism. Now all we can do is open it manually with the latch on the inside the trunk and have to crawl over everything trying to get it open. Whenever we hit the button with the gate open it just beeps 3 times. Please help!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. This is my first post on the forum but I have used it for research many times over the years. Well I have a problem with the liftgate on my 2007 CX-9 and cannot find a solution ANYWHERE. Here's the deal. A few months ago, the gate was closed with a towel or something in the way. When my wife went to open it, she could not. She decided to try to pry it open with a flathead screwdriver. I don't know if she damaged the latch or something else to do with the opening mechanism. Now all we can do is open it manually with the latch on the inside the trunk and have to crawl over everything trying to get it open. Whenever we hit the button with the gate open it just beeps 3 times. Please help!

Maybe the service manual will help you.....check out page 636

http://www.3rdoct.org/kelrog/cx-9/2008-CX-9-ServiceManual.pdf

Still not sure what is going on with it. The gate looks like its aligned properly. idk if this helps any but when its open and I try to hit the button it beeps 3 times. If its closed and I pull the handle on the back it doesnt do anything. If I hit the open switch from the drivers seat it the hazards blink like its about to open. But the latch doesnt disengage and then it just beeps 2 times.

It sounds like the lock/unlock latch actuator is broken because of prior incident.

Back