AWD vs FWD rear springs

:
CX5 Sport MT
Any techs out there or someone lucky enough to have both a FWD and AWD CX5 readily available?

I'm curious what the differences are in the rear springs between the AWD and FWD. I'd ideally like to lower my FWD CX5 since I want more low wagon and less CUV. As I look under my car it appears that there is room for a driveshaft to pass by the springs and other components. I'm assuming Mazda will have a different rear subframe for the AWD but keep the suspension components the same with only a increased spring rate for the AWD version.

For reference FWD rear springs are approx 5" in diameter and 9" from the frame to the lower spring seat when sitting in the driveway.

H & R is showing springs available but only for AWD. My first guess is that it'll fit on FWD with maybe a bit less drop. Spring rate will be key.

If anything they are probably a higher spring rate which will lift your vehicle. that's the opposite of what you want I think.

edit

ah now I get it. Those are lowering springs. I wasn't thinking right. I was thinking of you putting awd springs (if any different) on your fwd. (braindead

Back