PDA

View Full Version : Hatchback does not lock

Gorge girl
06-28-2012, 05:02 PM
I have a CX-5 GT with nav. My hatch back does not lock when I press the lock button in the car, Or when using the key even when I hit lock twice. All the other doors lock. I can not find anything in the manual about this? Does anyone have any advice on how to remedy this situation without going to the dealer? The closest one is 60 miles away. Thanks!

emoassnolan
06-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Are you sure it's not just because of the proximity key?

Gorge girl
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Are you sure it's not just because of the proximity key?

I have tried it close up, 1 ft, 5 ft, 10 ft, etc away, the main 4 doors lock, but not the hatch. Of course, the alarm does not beep either. Another issue I have had is that I leave the keys in the car while parked in the garage, one day, thankfully the window was down, but the car locked itself, I reached in to open the door and the car alarm went off. Now I always roll down the window. (boom01)

hooked
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Let's eliminate the obvious stuff first. Is the hatch actually closed? For me, I have to be careful that it actually latches all the way.

Gorge girl
06-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Yes. . .(maybe I should take the girl out of gorge!! Lol). Your right though, there has to be a bit of force to shut the trunk. My husband was reviewing the problem with me this evening, It is obvious I have to look into the proximity key thing, because if the key is far away, it is locked, but if I'm holding the key I can open the trunk.
Thanks for the advice!! :)

Thunderchildd
06-28-2012, 09:21 PM
I have tried it close up, 1 ft, 5 ft, 10 ft, etc away, the main 4 doors lock, but not the hatch. Of course, the alarm does not beep either. Another issue I have had is that I leave the keys in the car while parked in the garage, one day, thankfully the window was down, but the car locked itself, I reached in to open the door and the car alarm went off. Now I always roll down the window. (boom01)

I don't think that is what he meant by proximity of the key. I think he means that if you have the key on your person, it automatically unlocks the hatch when you press the hatch button. Try locking all doors via the key fob and then taking the key fob out of your pocket and put it far away inside your house, then go back to the hatch and try it.

Thunderchildd
06-28-2012, 09:25 PM

Also, If you have a GT w/ tech that means you have the passive entry system. It is not possible to lock your keys in the car; if the key is in the car, then the car can always be unlocked by pressing the black button on the outside of the door next to the door handle

zgeek
07-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Also, If you have a GT w/ tech that means you have the passive entry system. It is not possible to lock your keys in the car; if the key is in the car, then the car can always be unlocked by pressing the black button on the outside of the door next to the door handle

New owner of a GT w/ tech. Still unsure how to properly lock the lift gate. If the hatch button unlocks the gate when the keys are nearby what is the point of the request button next to it?

prhac
07-17-2012, 02:51 AM
New owner of a GT w/ tech. Still unsure how to properly lock the lift gate. If the hatch button unlocks the gate when the keys are nearby what is the point of the request button next to it?

The button can be used to lock all the car. So you could walk up to the car, press the door button to drop something on a car seat, walk to the back, put something in the back (trunk/boot) and then press the button at the back to lock all the car and walk away.

Or, drive home, get something out of the trunk, press the button and the whole car is locked without having to go back to the driver's door to press its button.

zgeek
07-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks! Just to further clarify in case anyone is still confused.

Liftgate latch will always be unlocked if you are near the car with the passive key system. It auto locks when you walk away from the car.

prhac
07-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks! Just to further clarify in case anyone is still confused.

Liftgate latch will always be unlocked if you are near the car with the passive key system. It auto locks when you walk away from the car.

Also (well mine), if the ignition is on, the hatch/liftgate cannot be opened. Presumably for safety related reasons