How much is your CX5 insurance

nizzy1115

:
2013 CX-5 Sport
Thought I'd start a new thread for this so we can see which companies offer the best rate.

How much do you pay and what are your deductibles. And what company.

Age (range), sex, and location.

----------------------------------------------------
I'll start.

26, Male, Married, Chicagoland. Insured with State Farm. Clean record. $580/year.

screenshot008fm.jpg

Last edited:
$100 Comp and $250 collision deductibles... holy crap that is insanely cheap. WTF??!? and this is in the Metro-Chicago area?

$100 Comp and $250 collision deductibles... holy crap that is insanely cheap. WTF??!? and this is in the Metro-Chicago area?

I thought so myself. My wife's 2012 kia sorento is about the same price.

Please post your cost here. I want to help others figure out if were paying too much or too little.

Same coverage with State Farm + car rental expense. Age 49 covers me & wife - AWD GT in Oregon - $615 yr.

That sucks, so not only do Canadians get hosed on the car purchase but also on insurance. My quote in the Toronto area is ~960 with a $1000 deductible. Clean record and driving for the last 18 yrs. Only good thing is that the CX-5 insurance is cheaper than my Protege5.

Gieco 6 month premium in New York

MAZDA
CX5

Total Vehicle Premium:

$652.50

Protects you and your passengers

Bodily Injury Liability

Current Limit: $300,000/$300,000

$146.50

Property Damage Liability

Current Limit: $100,000

$97.40

Optional Basic Economic Loss

Current: Not Carried

Not Carried

Additional Personal Injury Protection

Residual Medical Payments

Current Limit: $10,000

$1.20

Uninsured Motorist

Supplementary Uninsured Motorist

Current Limit: $100,000/$300,000

$22.40

Protects your vehicles

MAZDA
CX5

Basic Personal Injury Protection

Deductible

$90.40
Basic Non-Deductible

Comprehensive

Deductible

$57.10
$500 Ded. With Full Glass

Collision

Deductible

$202.90
$500 Ded.

Emergency Road Service

$3.70
Full Coverage Vehicle

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance

Deductible

$15.00
$250 Ded.

Rental Reimbursement

$15.90
$30/Day, $900Max

Damn! Mine is $387 for 6 months. 100/300k, full glass, rental car and $500 deductible.

I also have it bundled with my other car and house, which helps a bit.

That sucks, so not only do Canadians get hosed on the car purchase but also on insurance. My quote in the Toronto area is ~960 with a $1000 deductible. Clean record and driving for the last 18 yrs. Only good thing is that the CX-5 insurance is cheaper than my Protege5.

hi there
im new to the forum and have been lurking for a while. im also in the Toronto area and my insurance quoted me just over $2000 with a $1000 deductible and rated it as 'pleasure use'. she says that's the best she can do. i realize it has to do with driving record etc but my house insurance is also with the same company. i can't believe my quote is almost double of yours! who is your insurance company if you don't mind me asking?
thanks very much!

Who are u with?

I'm with Ameriprise. They have a deal set up with Costco members, which I think gives another discount. I've had to replace two windshields in two cars and a window in my house, and they were awesome to work with.

Quick question for you guys. When you bought your CX-5's did the dealer take care of the insurance or did you have to call and get the vehicle added? reason I'm asking is that I still don't see my CX-5 on my Geico policy. The other cars I've bought in the past have always worked with my insurance to get the car added on right away. Just a lil confused, I mean they did ask for my Insurance papers at the dealership and I'm sure they would not have let me drive off the lot without insurance?

Insurance is your responsibility. Your previous cars coverage should cover it for about a 1-2 week grace period. Usually u should contact your agent the next business day if they are closed the date of the sale to get it setup.

Thanks man, damn and I'm sitting here wondering when it will show up on my policy, what a momo. Going to log in and add the vehicle right now. The other thing is I didn't trade anything in it was a straight out purchase and when they asked for my Insurance card I thought they would handle that part with Geico. Maybe I shoudl just call them to get verification.

Again usually they will cover u for just a bit on a different car for a new car rather than replacement. What i usually do is give them a heads up about the purchase while also getting a quote days before purchasing so they are aware.

i setup my policy and then had my insurance fax over the binder to the dealership.

Quick question for you guys. When you bought your CX-5's did the dealer take care of the insurance or did you have to call and get the vehicle added? reason I'm asking is that I still don't see my CX-5 on my Geico policy. The other cars I've bought in the past have always worked with my insurance to get the car added on right away. Just a lil confused, I mean they did ask for my Insurance papers at the dealership and I'm sure they would not have let me drive off the lot without insurance?

Back