Ipod & Bluetooth connection

mgreen44

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD
A few times that I've connected my Iphone via bluetooth and played music, the music didn't actually come out of the speakers. I had to hit the volume on my Iphone, which I noticed had gone down to 0%. I know I didn't do it, because I had just been listening to it in the CX-5, hopped out, and back in 5 minutes later. I hit the volume up, and it was good.

Why did the volume go to zero?

Connecting via the ipod cable resulted in a similar behavior yesterday for me. I was listening, turned the car off, ran into CVS. Came out and tried to listen again, and same behavior. The song was playing, but no sound came from the speakers. This time I couldn't adjust the volume at the Iphone though. So I disconnected the Iphone and plugged back in.

Any thoughts?

Mike

From what I've researched, bluetooth audio is finicky in almost every car application. I've haven't had the zero volume issue, but I totally understand the iPod cable.

Before I drove mine off the lot, I paired my iPhone with my car and plugged it into the USB. Sound would come out when bluetooth audio was selected on the unit, but not when iPod was selected. I thought it was weird because when I test drove the car the iPod integration was flawless.

It seems that whatever was connected last will take precedence over the others. Since it takes bluetooth a little while to pair, if you connect the iPod before the bluetooth finishes pairing, bluetooth audio will take over your iPod integration. It's even more frustrating that you cannot control the iPod from the phone when it is connected via USB.

To get sound back, you have to either disable bluetooth audio in bluetooth setup, or wait until the phone pairs, then plug it into your iPod cable. They're both a little time consuming. I've read that you can disable bluetooth audio if the iPhone is jailbroken and avoid bluetooth audio altogether, but I haven't had the time to back everything up and try that yet.

Hope this helps.

There is an app called A2DPblocker for non jailbroken iPhones. Has anyone tried it? The reviews seems spotty at best.

Back