Hatch Electronic Request Button - annoying behavior

mgreen44

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD
Hi all,
Within the first hour of owning the CX-5, my wife and I figured out what this button is intended for, based on the owners manual; to lock or unlock the other doors.

However, I'd say 8 out of the last 10 times I've used the rear hatch, I noticed that it doesn't latch. It's visible that it's not closing, and the car tells me that I've got a door open.

I resolve it by hopping out, hitting the request switch and closing the hatch again. Sometimes I'll have to hit it more than once as I really don't know WTF it's doing.

So, can anyone tell me how the button works and how I'm supposed to treat it? Usage, etc. I wish it was as simple as unlocking / locking the doors. But it definitely affects it's ability to close all the way and latch properly.

Mike

Hello,

I use that button all the time and I can't say I have had the same problem as you have had. But maybe once I did. I had just closed the hatch and gotten in the driver's seat and saw that the indicator saying the hatch was not closed. I just figured I had not closed it hard enough that time. That's the only time it has happened, so I don't think its the problem you are having. But, you said something that confused me. You said you figured out what the button was intended for "to lock or unlock the other doors". I have never had the request button on the hatch unlock anything except the hatch. For me, it unlocks just the hatch, all the time, by only pressing it once.

I wish I had some good advice for you, but unfortunately, I think your car is acting strange and I would take it in to be looked at.

Valerie

Don't slam the hatch. Close it with two hand gently. It works that way as written in owner manual guide :)

Back