Out of State Purchase

From what I remember from a long ago purchase over the state line, you'll be charged the sales tax for the address you live and the plates will be registered in your state. The dealer handles this and will ask where you want it titled and your home address for proper sales tax.

From what I remember from a long ago purchase over the state line, you'll be charged the sales tax for the address you live and the plates will be registered in your state. The dealer handles this and will ask where you want it titled and your home address for proper sales tax.

Yup, that's what I've experienced buying Oklahoma cars and bringing them to Texas. You should only be taxed for the address the car will be registered in.

I bought my CX5 in Mississippi and I live in Alabama. The dealer just mailed the information to the Alabama Tag Office.... no problem and it didn't cost more than buying the vehicle in my home state.

Why would anyone buy a new vehicle OOS? Are there any advantages besides maybe the dealer from OOS has the exact trim/color/packages you want?

Yes, Where I live, none of the dealers have the CX-5...just used sadans ..---dealers in NJ have what I want but with the GW bridge toll and traffic..It's a NO..manhattan, queens and bklyn..may have it also..but again..I don't wanna deal with traffic and toll..and the reviews for those dealerships are baaaadd....going to CT will be much better...no traffic and no toll...I can test drive in peace..and it's 13miles from where I live..

I emailed a Las Vegas dealer about it (they had the exact vehicle/trim/color) and I never heard back. Seemed like a major hassle, so I went elsewhere...

Yes, Where I live, none of the dealers have the CX-5...just used sadans ..---dealers in NJ have what I want but with the GW bridge toll and traffic..It's a NO..manhattan, queens and bklyn..may have it also..but again..I don't wanna deal with traffic and toll..and the reviews for those dealerships are baaaadd....going to CT will be much better...no traffic and no toll...I can test drive in peace..and it's 13miles from where I live..
Dealer to dealer transfer?

Back