Plasti Dip Project

CX5GT

:
Grey 2013 CX-5 GT w/ Tech Package
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share with everyone my Plasti Dip Project. I always thought the rims looked a little feminine, thats prob why my wife hates the way it looks now! ;).

By the way that's not the Plasti Dip running on the emblems, just water from car wash.

It was real easy, just followed one of the many guides on you tube.

photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPGphoto 3 (2).JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Last edited:
haha. Could just do what I did and spray the whole grill. Clean job though. Plasti Dip is to easy (blowup)

I want to plastidip the hood and the roof. Do you guys think the paint is too thin and will peel off when I take the plastidip off?

I want to plastidip the hood and the roof. Do you guys think the paint is too thin and will peel off when I take the plastidip off?

Simply put, No. The plastidip will become harder to come off with age but every 6-12 months isn't too hard to peel up, especially if you have a few good layers on there. The car's paint is cured and boned to the metal, no worries of it coming off. It does work on large flat surfaces, but it doesn't usually look perfect. Good enough might be acceptable, but the beauty is that ti is completely reversible without harm to the car.

If I didn't get the deal I got on the car I would have waited and done a full wrap on a used cX5 next year.

With Plastidip you don't need to remove the badges or worry if you get it on the body as it peels off very very easily once cured. I did the wheels on my Altima over the weekend came out great. Most important part is to clean the area you're applying the PlastiDip to with Alcohol. It sticks much better that way. If there's wax or anything else it will just come up and you'll have to peel off.

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share with everyone my Plasti Dip Project. I always thought the rims looked a little feminine, thats prob why my wife hates the way it looks now! ;).

By the way that's not the Plasti Dip running on the emblems, just water from car wash.

It was real easy, just followed one of the many guides on you tube.

View attachment 195327View attachment 195328View attachment 195329View attachment 195330View attachment 195331

Hi, Amazing look. I have the same car color and I would like to do the same as you. Can I please ask the exact products you got to make it look like that? ty

If you want your new car to look like a beater go for this look. Otherwise, use higher quality more durable materials to coat your wheels/surfaces.
do the front grill too! haha

Last edited:
^^ if done correctly and proper amount of coats, it will look good and last for a very long time

Are you saying that plastidip would not be nice after all?

Yes. Everytime I see a car with large plastidipped parts, especially wheels (not an emblem) in real life, it looks bad. The color is dull, doesn't matter how many layers you put. You can add glossifier etc, but you will be putting in a lot of effort to keep the plastidip from looking like crap. I commonly see plastiddiped parts on beat up cars, hubcaps, or the random platidipped grille that matches no other part of the car and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Back