Questions about Bose system

dsonyay62

:
2013 CX-5 Touring, FWD, Tech Package, fog lights, Bose, Moonroof
Does the cx5 Bose system have a subwoofer someplace? Where is the amp? What is "audio pilot" and "centerpoint" ?

HD radio is great... but I could have sworn my radio had sat radio too... I have a little "shark fin" antenna on the roof so I assumed I did. Don't see it enabled on receiver.

no subwoofer, there's two 7" woofers in the front doors
the amp is up above the pax footwell somewhere
no idea what audio pilot is, thought it was supposed to adjust the volume based on ambient noise, but mine, and my wife's cx5 it doesn't do s***
centerpoint makes stereo mixes sound worse imho
they dont all have sat radio, that shark fin is the regular antenna

I think audio pilot is the feature that puts out a noise cancelling frequency throught the speakers to cancel road noise, so you shouldn't notice it per se. I haven't had much luck with center point either. It is supposed to be more of a surround sound. I just don't like how it sounds personally, but to each his own.

here's a writeup on audio pilot. I stand corrected. It is NOT a noise cancelling system, according to the article. But it does seem to make the sound more clear on noisy roads and does it pretty unobtrusively. My wifes auto volume control is annoying on her mazda 3.

http://ask.cars.com/2008/12/bose-audio-pilo.html

Last edited:
Phooey. No sub. Sounds very good with my CDs and HD stations though. I'll be reading the manual quite a bit today. Wife picked this out instead of a 3 I was researching so I'm researching what all the bells and whistles do on this model. It is a Touring with tech package and moonroof/bose option. So far it's impressive.

Back