Found the most obvious thing to wipe rubber dash with.

:
Former 2013 CX-5 GT owner
As im sure we've all experienced already, most things leave even more lint on the rubberized dash than you originally wanted to wipe off. Today i tried my damp chamois and it worked great. No lint to leave behind and dusts it off very easy.

Yeah ive got several micro fiber cloths as well but found the chamois to work better. Gets off finger prints etc. as well and doesnt seem to stick to the rubber like the micro fiber does. Whatever, both work in their own way.

Last edited:
As im sure we've all experienced already, most things leave even more lint on the rubberized dash than you originally wanted to wipe off. Today i tried my damp chamois and it worked great. No lint to leave behind and dusts it off very easy.

+1 Chamois worked like a champ! Good tip.

I actually had to google chamois and I got a bunch of montain goats. I guess it's a non abrassive cloth?

Certain Chamois reminds me of cloth made from animal skin-probably because some are. I usually use dry microfiber towels though.

I actually had to google chamois and I got a bunch of montain goats. I guess it's a non abrassive cloth?

Pronounced, 'shammy'.

B5020%20chamois%20leather.jpg

I dunno. I found the microfiber cloth sticks to the dash and leaves some felt behind. A damp chamois cleans dust like the microfiber but also takes off finger prints etc and leaves no felt behind. Whatever works. I use a microfiber as well between cleanings but when I happen to have a damp chamois from a car wash I use it and find it works better than microfiber.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back