Homelink trouble

dmw

:
'13 CX5 Touring
I tried to connect our Craftsman garage door opener to our CX5's Homelink the other day and didn't have any luck. Has anybody else here had issues with having these two devices communicate with one another? Any tips?

I tried to connect our Craftsman garage door opener to our CX5's Homelink the other day and didn't have any luck. Has anybody else here had issues with having these two devices communicate with one another? Any tips?

I had a similar issue with my Craftsman. Before buying our cx-5 we had 3 openers. We programmed the homelink and then all the other openers stopped working. And now I can only have 1 programmed at a time. Whether that be the homelink or 1 of the 3 openers.

We have a 15 year old craftsman and had no trouble getting it to work. In fact, the code set the first time I tried it.
What exactly did you do to set it? I think all I did(from the manual) was put the door opener 1 inch away from the mirror and depressed both the garage door opener and the selected homelink button until the light flashed. Maybe there was another step. But basically I followed the manual instructions. Then it was set and all other factory remotes still worked.

We have a 15 year old craftsman and had no trouble getting it to work. In fact, the code set the first time I tried it.
What exactly did you do to set it? I think all I did(from the manual) was put the door opener 1 inch away from the mirror and depressed both the garage door opener and the selected homelink button until the light flashed. Maybe there was another step. But basically I followed the manual instructions. Then it was set and all other factory remotes still worked.

when we did the one in our Mazda3 I had to press the learn button on the opener too.

I'm pretty sure mine is a craftsman (will check later), I pushed the red button on the back of the garage opener motor that hangs in the garage, then pushed the homelink button until the garage motor light flashed.

I'm pretty sure mine is a craftsman (will check later), I pushed the red button on the back of the garage opener motor that hangs in the garage, then pushed the homelink button until the garage motor light flashed.

This did the trick. I re-read the instructions, and this was option two after trying the other remote. Thanks!

when we did the one in our Mazda3 I had to press the learn button on the opener too.

ditto. Last night I programmed our CX5 to the 12 yr old Liftmaster. I could not get the Homelink to work until I pressed the "learn" button the the garage door main unit. I then pressed the Homelink and voila, it worked on the first try. I think this was at step 5 from the owners manual, after the first few steps failed to work using the remote unit in the car.

Back