Removing Nav module from a Grand Touring?

cucamelsmd15

:
2008.5 MS3
The only reason I purchased the tech package on my GT was because I was after the AFS headlight system, the rain sensing wipers and the advanced keyless entry. The TomTom Nav though, I could care less about.

It seems to me that the module is self contained in the dash mount where the SD card is. Has anyone looked at removing this? At the going price of $400+ on ebay, Im tempted to remove it and sell it since I have no use for it.

Thoughts?

Edit: And does anyone know where I could purchase the cubby to seal the dash back up?

Last edited:
I installed the nav module on my Touring model. It was really easy to pop out. Just push on the back side of it. It helps to have small hands and long arms.

That is a good deal from Caspan. He'll give you the cubby bin that goes in the same spot the nav module was in.

Last edited:
what would you put in place of that nav module? a double din head unit? and how about your Bluetooth/steering controls/backup camera functionality????

The head unit and touch screen stays put JTNY. You're only removing the nav module and replacing it with a little cubby hole piece. The nav module is that sliding door that you put the sd card in on the left side of the steering wheel.

You can remove that and replace it with a little cubby hole for storage.

Although camel that cubby is really small and shallow. Just fyi. I don't have mine anymore maybe dizzy can post pics?

well yay then

yay.jpg

GOTCHA!!

I guess that renders your "NAV" button useless.. though I wouldnt mind putting in a Garmin unit instead.....

The head unit and touch screen stays put JTNY. You're only removing the nav module and replacing it with a little cubby hole piece. The nav module is that sliding door that you put the sd card in on the left side of the steering wheel.

You can remove that and replace it with a little cubby hole for storage.

Although camel that cubby is really small and shallow. Just fyi. I don't have mine anymore maybe dizzy can post pics?

Back