H&R lowering springs

Rookie post- I also have the FWD Sport with 17's. The H & R tech said (on phone) the FWD model IS compatible with H & R lowering springs...tempting! I have yet to see pics of any lowered CX 5s. I had an 06 MX 5 with factory Bilsteins- on rails in traffic & cornering! The CX5 does better than most, but needs improving on cornering & monster wheel gap.
Wondering if any northerners w/ GT model want to swap their 19s for 17's for winter use? Although 18's may be my first choice for 12 month use here....
Pic coming soon!

Rookie post- I also have the FWD Sport with 17's. The H & R tech said (on phone) the FWD model IS compatible with H & R lowering springs...tempting! I have yet to see pics of any lowered CX 5s. I had an 06 MX 5 with factory Bilsteins- on rails in traffic & cornering! The CX5 does better than most, but needs improving on cornering & monster wheel gap.
Wondering if any northerners w/ GT model want to swap their 19s for 17's for winter use? Although 18's may be my first choice for 12 month use here....
Pic coming soon!

Good to know. I'll wait for pics from the first FWD guinea pig before making the plunge.

Pic coming soon!

did you ask if there is any difference between the awd and fwd suspension?

He only said, after looking at FWD that they were compatible on FWD model, too. I was satisfied & ended the call... Personally I wouldn't drop an AWD , but that's just me. I'm planning to get them before winter...

He only said, after looking at FWD that they were compatible on FWD model, too. I was satisfied & ended the call... Personally I wouldn't drop an AWD , but that's just me. I'm planning to get them before winter...

Mine is awd and i woudn't mind dropping it a bit since this is no Jeep Wrangler, so even if i drop it a bit, the ground clearance wont affect the way i will use it.
I think that the gap in the wheel well, is too pronounced to my taste, so when, or if, a nice kit come along i will probably go for it.

so, will the spring be compatible with the FWD right hand side driver? if so, I am most likely going to get it

That 1.75 drop in the rear also has me concerned over camber issues.

Here is they answer i got after i send a ticket at Corksport: We have not installed a set of the H&R springs yet to find out if a camber correction is required. We are working with more parts for the Cx5 so we may have the answer in the future.

He also told me that when they try it on the CX5 he will let me know if they have any issues. I guess i will have to wait for their verdict before i drop mine.

Last edited:
I assume the H&R springs come with alignment specs.

No testing at all?

"We have not installed a set of the H&R springs yet to find out if a camber correction is required. We are working with more parts for the Cx5 so we may have the answer in the future."

Any word back from CS on this? I find it a little disconcerting that they are selling a product on their website that they haven't even tried.

"We have not installed a set of the H&R springs yet to find out if a camber correction is required. We are working with more parts for the Cx5 so we may have the answer in the future."

Any word back from CS on this? I find it a little disconcerting that they are selling a product on their website that they haven't even tried.

Yes please send us feedback on the issue on lowered spring, I had send 2 emails with same reply "...may have the answer in the future.."

please take before and after pictures so we can see the lowered stance!
good for you for taking the plunge first.

with a lower stance of the car, the gas mileage should improve as well.
i may do this very soon since my corgie has a hard time jumping into the trunk :)

looks better, better handling, mpg boost and easier for the pup....can't see this job being hard at all as well

My friend is doing this for me at work.. He works at a dealership so they have a full lift. Shouldnt take more than a hour or so.

Back