K&N air filter availabilty?

mclark999

:
2013 CX-5 Sport AWD Automatic
Anyone have any idea about how long it will take K&N to introduce an air filter for the CX-5?

I'd be interested to see if K&N add a partial box to shield the filter from some of the engine heat like they did on the 2012 ford focus intake they did. Other than that improvement, Corksport all the way.

I'd be interested to see if K&N add a partial box to shield the filter from some of the engine heat like they did on the 2012 ford focus intake they did. Other than that improvement, Corksport all the way.
If we use the Corksport SRI and we get an engine problem, does it void the Mazda warranty?

CARB = bummer dude.
I used to live in Los Angeles so I know all about needing CARB approved parts =(

When searching Amazon for air filter, came across this filter that the seller says is for both a 2012 Mazda 3 2.0l Skyactiv and the CX-5.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
So maybe CX-5 has same filter as 2012 3. I'm going to go down to Autozone and compare filters. If they are the same, I'm going to order a K&N for the 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv.

But if CARB is your worry point, then the carb sticker for a mazda3 intake will pass only the basic visual inspection wouldn't it?

It's not a Mazda 3 intake. Just the K&N replacement filter. So no CARB worries. I don't think K&N has a Cold Air Intake for the 2012 Skyactiv 3 yet.

I use to run K&N until I found how how much more dirt they let in to the engine...

Back