2nd choice to Subaru XV

QueenBee

:
Cx-5 Sport 6MT
I sold my Toyota Matrix AWD in April when I was looking to buy the new Impreza hatchback. Then I caught a glimpse of the Subaru XV scheduled to hit dealers in the fall and that changed the game for me. I had the orange XV picture as my screen saver and saved to my phone! My plan was to hold off 5-6 months, drive loaner cars, and get me an XV as soon as they hit the lots. Well after two months of bumming rides and hermitizing I started searching auto trader for CUV's and came across the CX-5. Mazda had never even crossed my mind before this and here I was scouring youtube reviews and reading forums until 3 a.m. Exactly 32 hours later I would be driving the last one off the lot in Vegas, 120 miles to its new home in Utah. So far, no remorse. The manual CX-5 is so fun to drive! Every curve brings a smile to my face.

Good choice! I really looked into the xv too but realized the actual mpg would be far worse than the mazda. And I loved my last mazda so all the better to get another one.

I think the XV will handle off road use a bit better, a bit more aerodynamic in the nose and higher chin, and comes equipped with AWD roof rails and bluetooth standard. Oh and those RIMS!!!!
Subaru has yet to release pricing on the XV so ??? My CX5 gets better mpg with the MT, I believe it is roomier, and I seriously doubt that the XV will be AS FUN TO DRIVE! I will still test drive one in the fall, can't resist.

I love the Orange paint!

I considered waiting for the XV but after looking at an Impreza, and knowing that the XV is just a lifted one, I just didn't think that was a place I'd want to spend a couple hours every day. Subarus are great, they just aren't for me.

Back