Fiberglass sub enclosure

xsproutx

:
CX-5
Hey everyone; this is my first post on here but I've been lurking for a little bit now. At any rate, I finished up my fiberglass sub enclosure today, so I figured I'd post pictures of the final product (I didn't take any during the build). You'll have to excuse the dust; it still needs some cleaning and my dog's fur has taken over the back! The sub is an elemental designs e5.10. The last few subs I've had have all been eD and, for the price, you're hard pressed to find a better sub for SQ. It's paired up to a jl 500/1 amp and zapco reference component speakers up front powered by a jl slash amp, too. I wanted to go this route to save as muchh trunk space as possible while still having a great stereo. I can pop it out of the cubby with ease if I ever need to access the spare tire, but it does move at all when driving around. Currently running the stock receiver but thhe next project is to build an adaptor to fit a double-din deck. Anyway, here's the pics:

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

Yep, as shallow as that can get. Anymore, and the magnet would be hitting the back. It's a 10" driver but this model has a very large magnet. I could've gone with the SQ10 (I had 2 in my last vehicle) or another 10" by them and I could've made it MUCH more shallow, but I only wanted one sub this time around and an SQ10 wouldn't have been enough. You could probably get away with making it flush with the cubby, almost, if you used a sub that didn't have such a big magnet

Correct, just the base system. I just used a standard metra line output converter to send a signal to the amps. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures during the fabrication process :(

I tapped into all 4 speaker lines behind the deck for my main speaker amp. That amp has an output to go to another amp, and that's what I used for my subwoofer amp. The pinout can be found on this forum for the harness. I have an amp under each seat; they fit perfect

Back