CARGO NET and CARGO TRAY

I went for cargo net and cargo cover. Must have for sure.

I just bought the cargo tray and I'm impressed with how it looks. Is the net effective...worth the cost?

I bought the cargo cover and cargo mat. Both work well.. Don't carry too much stuff for the cargo net.

I do have concerns about the hooks that attach the cover to the rear hatch. They don't look too durable.

I just bought the cargo tray and I'm impressed with how it looks. Is the net effective...worth the cost?
Personal preference. For me I like it so I can hold items from sliding around in the back. One less thing my wife can complain about, (wow)

I decided to just put dark tint in the rear of the car instead of the cargo cover. You really cant see inside, even if you press your head against the glass. I did get the cargo tray, Mazda's own is actually very good but seems to scuff up quite easily.

I'm getting a weather tech cargo tray. I love their stuff. I'm going to hold off on the nets for now.
Agree that the cover isn't really needed.

I'm not really using my cover at the moment since the dog rides in the back on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, it's not even in the vehicle at the moment since I took it out a couple of weeks ago to lug my lawnmower to and from the repair shop. It will come in handy around Christmas time to hide the purchases.

Last edited:
The Cargo Mat is carpet material and the Tray is Rubber All Weather. I got the tray, very happy with it.

Does the cargo mat cover up the tie down loops at the corners?
That's what I'm wondering too?

I'm trying to decide between the mat and tray. Which is better at preventing grocery bags from sliding around back there?

I prefer the look of the carpet mat, but if the tray works much better I''ll consider it instead ;)

The tray is very grippy rubber. Nothing slides on it. And it doesnt cover any holes.

How do you find the cargo tray for keeping it clean? Last time I had a rubber mat, it was difficult to keep clean as lint and dirt really stuck to it. Is this one better?

Getting my CX5 on Friday (Finally) and am wondering about cargo tray as an option since I'll definitely be hauling wet stinky things (aka wet clothes and gear from a 6 year old boy!)

I havent had to clean it yet. It does mark and scuff easily since the rubber is soft (so it can grip). I suppose worst case scenario you take it out and hose it off.

Back