REMIN Wood Dask Kit Installed

RushFan

:
Mazda, CX-5, Touring AWD
REMIN Wood Dash Kit Installed

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post some pictures of my CX-5 Touring with the new REMIN Full Dash Kit installed. This is a 44 piece kit, Real Medium Burl Wood. I purchased it from CARID.com. Took a week and a half to arrive. I really love the class it gives to the interior of my favorite vehicle. I especially like the way it breaks up the piano black trim. It was easy enough to install, but I highly suggest you watch the youtube video that REMIN has on its installation.

Enjoy the pics!

CX-5 REMIN Dash Kit 07 JUNE 2012 - 04.jpg
CX-5 REMIN Dash Kit 07 JUNE 2012 - 10.jpg
CX-5 REMIN Dash Kit 07 JUNE 2012 - 15.jpg
CX-5 REMIN Dash Kit 07 JUNE 2012 - 11.jpg
CX-5 REMIN Dash Kit 07 JUNE 2012 - 06.jpg

RushFan

Last edited:
Now that's unique, certainly a lot of wood, a bit more than I prefer. Nicely done.

I do truly love how that looks!! My reds/sand interior isn't due for another 13 weeks, but I want what you've done.

Does the maker supply other woods? How long an install was it? Is this so simple that even I can do it? Is it a straight press on or are there pieces of interior that have to be removed?

Brian

is it a trick of reflections or does the horizontal dash trim separator not completely cover that piano black plastic piece? i'd love to find a replacement for that whole long black piece that matches the brushed metal accents elsewhere in the vehicle

WAY too much wood coverage... Even the nicest German cars we've owned didn't go THAT over the top.

A few details here to replace the plastic trim sure, but even the handles???

To each their own. :)

It does leave a bit of the piano black showing, it does not cover it completely.

RushFan

True, I debated going with the Basic kit that has much less wood, especially on the Center Console but I like wood trim, so I decided to go for it. To me nothing says luxurious like real Burl Wood. ;)

Yes a Jag has lots of real wood (and Connelley leather too), it certainly is luxurious.

Rushfan:

Thanks for the link. The site does show that the install is "peel 'n press", but that you do need to take care. More tedious that technical. They also so some interesting wood tone options.

Brian

What's the difference between the basic and full kit? Also, do they have an option to choose 6mt sport model since some parts would be different?

Very Nice Job!

I was thinking about the basic kit in brushed aluminum.... It looks luxurious... so now you are going to have to get some Katzkin leather seats...

I would say that if you are going to do fake wood trim 3M Dinoc would be a better way to go. It may be harder to install but it would leave the trim the same thickness and would give complete coverage to the existing trim.

remin dash kit basic

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post some pictures of my CX-5 Touring with the new REMIN Full Dash Kit installed. This is a 44 piece kit, Real Medium Burl Wood. I purchased it from CARID.com. Took a week and a half to arrive. I really love the class it gives to the interior of my favorite vehicle. I especially like the way it breaks up the piano black trim. It was easy enough to install, but I highly suggest you watch the youtube video that REMIN has on its installation.

Enjoy the pics!

View attachment 194831
View attachment 194835
View attachment 194827
View attachment 194829
View attachment 194834

RushFan
just got basic remin carbon fiber dash kit...very low key....how does it looks......from carid.com, $95 free shipping...

Attachments

• dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 698
  • dashboard2.jpg
    dashboard2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 556
  • driverside.jpg
    driverside.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 557
  • shift.jpg
    shift.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 549
That looks awesome! I always thought the area around the clock is too plain. They need to make a piece to go around manual shifters though. It looks like they only have it for the auto.

Back