Key FOB Covers? For Advanced Keyless Entry Remotes

Why do you need a cover? They are water prof as they are. Everything is sealed in it currently. Or is this to prevent scratched on the fob?

Why do you need a cover? They are water prof as they are. Everything is sealed in it currently. Or is this to prevent scratched on the fob?

Yes, when dropped on hard surfaces they can be scratched.

I have a leather cover on my Lexus remote, it fits perfectly. The dealer sells them.

yep scratches! I dropped it on the sidewalk and the weight of my keys put a large scuff on it. Therefore a nice case would be nice!

Ordered key fob cover from ebay

anyone know if Mazda or someone else sells key fob covers? i think the remotes are the same size as the Cx-9's?

i cam across this one on E-bay but not sure if it'll fit

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Just purchased the key fob cover from ebay back on 5/28 and received it today. So it took 10 days. It fits like a glove, but this one was made specifically for the cx-9 which doesn't have the third button hole like the cx-5. The holes line up perfectly with the logo and 2 buttons and they even made a square hole in the back to access the key release. Very nice cover that I think will protect the key fob from scratches and dings from dropping it. I don't mind the cover covering the third button at all. I highly recommend it. I think there are 2 sellers on ebay selling these.

awesome I think i may order one and try it out.

whats the 3rd button for? i have yet to try it lol

Just purchased the key fob cover from ebay back on 5/28 and received it today. So it took 10 days. It fits like a glove, but this one was made specifically for the cx-9 which doesn't have the third button hole like the cx-5. The holes line up perfectly with the logo and 2 buttons and they even made a square hole in the back to access the key release. Very nice cover that I think will protect the key fob from scratches and dings from dropping it. I don't mind the cover covering the third button at all. I highly recommend it. I think there are 2 sellers on ebay selling these.

3rd button: Panic / noise maker button.

(I plan to wait for custom leather cover for CX-5.)

Last edited:
This website sells keyfob covers for CX-5 in different colors. It's $7.99 but shipping is just as much: $7.50 (at least to NJ).

I ordered them off Amazon, but takes 30 days to get, they come in various colors as well.

Back